Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fresh install of RepetierHost 1.0.6 seems to affect 0.95 release

Posted by lutz_dd 
Fresh install of RepetierHost 1.0.6 seems to affect 0.95 release
December 27, 2014 11:05AM
I have installed the latest RepetierHost release (1.0.6). It seems to work but has crashed after 10 minutes. Then I tried to use my 0.95 production installation (April 2014) ... but now it will no longer come up successfully. Just the splash screen appears and then it dies silently (size of repetier.log is 0 Bytes). Are there any reasons known already? What needs to be fixed/changed to get my setup 0.95 back to operation. (OS: WindowsXP/SP3).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 11:15AM by lutz_dd.
Re: Fresh install of RepetierHost 1.0.6 seems to affect 0.95 release
December 27, 2014 01:15PM
Hi lutz dd,

try to delete the registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/repetier and then reinstall your old version.

best regards, DomiMa
December 28, 2014 10:27AM
0.95 has some integers stored as string in registry, which is wrong but worked. 1.0.6 fixes this making it impossible to run 0.95. Uninstalling 1.0.6 asks if registry should be deleted. If you answer yes 0.95 will resinstall it and work.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 02, 2015 08:17AM
Thank you, repetier.
Now it works again ... one side note ... the setting made in "Konfiguration/Druckereinstellungen" like COMport are lost. It's not a big deal if default settings are used. Have reassigned configuration name and COM port and as already stated everything works as before.
February 02, 2015 04:55PM
I had this happen on my laptop; upgraded to 1.0.6, had some strange anomalies in my tool paths with both Slic3r and Cura, decided to go back to 0.95. I uninstalled and re-installed 0.95. Th splashscreen comes up and the I always get the error "The program has stopped working..." I've tried cleaning out the registry and re-installing and it won't take either version now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login