Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints stuck waiting for extruder to heat

Posted by kre8 
Prints stuck waiting for extruder to heat
April 02, 2015 01:09PM
So, a few weeks ago I ran into a problem, which I posted about in this forum, and I was given a workaround that allowed me to bypass the problem.

The problem was that the print wouldn't get past the gcode line "M109 S220 ; wait for temperature to be reached", despite the extruder getting hot enough. So, easy fix, just remove that line from the gcode, and heat up the bed and extruder before starting the print. However, this isn't really a fix, because I can no longer press start and walk away, I now have to wait for the bed to heat up, then turn the extruder heat on, then start the print. So a single click is now three clicks over a period of 25 minutes.

Any ideas on how I could fix this problem?
I'm running Repetier 1.0.6 on Ubuntu 14.04.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 06:18PM by kre8.
Re: Prints stuck waiting for extruder to heat
April 04, 2015 03:07AM
The problem is not th ehost but your firmware configuration.

You can set e.g. how long the temperature must be inside a corridor. Higher values make in more unlikely to finish here. Also if your extruder does not reach target temperature it will wait forever. So you should check your temperature graph and see what conditions you have set to finish M109.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login