Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Delta Calibration v092 help

Posted by skelator 
Delta Calibration v092 help
April 07, 2015 11:39PM
Hi,

I recently printed a kossel 20x20 (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:154832) but most of the other part are stock rostock like, carbon arm with plastic jaw, end effector, XYZ carriages etc, I have spend many hours trying to calibrate the printer still no sucess! I followed step by step guide from

[minow.blogspot.com]

but I'm stuck at calibrating the center it too high, can't get it to lower down, his guide said

To lower the extruder nozzle
increase DELTA_RADIUS by increasing DELTA_SMOOTH_ROD_OFFSET(Marlin) or PRINTER_RADIUS(Repetier).

My default setting are 150, I have try to increase the value up to 300, it does nothing it did not lower the hotend at all, any idea what I'm missing here?

Note: I have eeprom disabled

Thanks
Re: Delta Calibration v092 help
April 08, 2015 01:14PM
Stupid question, sorry, but you are reloading the firmware after increasing your delta radius?
April 09, 2015 08:39AM
What coordinates are you testing the new hotend height at? If X=0,Y=0 then you will never see a difference. Try at one of the tower probing points instead.
April 09, 2015 09:50AM
Kurzaa
Stupid question, sorry, but you are reloading the firmware after increasing your delta radius?

yes of cause as I dont have epprom enable that only way to do it

adavidm
What coordinates are you testing the new hotend height at? If X=0,Y=0 then you will never see a difference. Try at one of the tower probing points instead.

I'm stuck at calibrating the center height which Y=0 X=0 Z=0 I have no problem with with tower probing point
April 09, 2015 12:19PM
skelator

adavidm

I'm stuck at calibrating the center height which Y=0 X=0 Z=0 I have no problem with with tower probing point

I understand, but changing delta radius will not have any effect on the height at x=0 y=0.

cross-posting from my reply to a similar question on the Google Group for deltas:

adavidm
One thing that caught me out was that (this is in Repetier, not sure if different) changing delta radius does not change the z-height at (0,0). Instead it changes the height at the edge of the radius, specifically the tower positions when calibrating. I nearly drove myself mad changing the radius between 10 and 200 and expecting the (0,0) height to change. Only after carefully re-reading the instructions did I realise that I was completely off in my assumptions. My simplified view is:

The aim of ...

... adjusting endstop offsets is to get the height at all three tower positions equal to each other.

... adjusting delta radius is to get the height at the tower positions and the centre the same (and hence ensure the effector is trammed with the bed)

... adjusting printer height is to get the effector to the correct height above the bed when Z=0 and the hotend is at ambient temperature.

Once I got my head around those then Jay's videos and the other guides started making a lot more sense to me.
April 10, 2015 01:31AM
well that really contridict with all the guide we have all over the net smiling smiley, so you sugesting not to check Y=0 X=0 ? eg Y=5 X=5 example?

or if understand this correctly, adjust my Z height for center and then calibrate ABC tower as usual?
April 10, 2015 03:43AM
Maybe your problem is watched from the wrong side. If you change radius your center height compared to outside height changes but center remains constant. It's the outside that goes up or down. But the center position does only change with zlength or diagonal rod change since radius has no effect in center.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
April 10, 2015 03:59AM
repetier
Maybe your problem is watched from the wrong side. If you change radius your center height compared to outside height changes but center remains constant. It's the outside that goes up or down. But the center position does only change with zlength or diagonal rod change since radius has no effect in center.

noted! will revise my method since the guide are not entirely correct it seem
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login