Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reset on connect removed?

Posted by wfcook 
Reset on connect removed?
September 15, 2015 08:19AM
Why was the 'reset on connect' option removed in repetier-host 1.5.6? This option is very important to me and I don't see the benefit of removing features. Which way does it now default to? Does it always reset or never reset?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2015 08:19AM by wfcook.
Re: Reset on connect removed?
September 16, 2015 02:51AM
It always was a point of confusion and often the source why users did not succeed. The new solution is mix like we use it in our server or othe rhost software does it.

It tries a reset but does not depend on it to succeed, so it should now work on all boards.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 16, 2015 08:56AM
I would very much like to still have the option to disable it. I understand not wanting to have a long list of ways to enable it from which the user must choose, but I'd like to be able to connect without the printer resetting itself and a simple enable/disable option ought not to be too confusing. That goes for repetier-server also.
September 21, 2015 03:36AM
I have to think about that. It makes again more trouble since some printers can not connect without DTR/RTS high while others will reset and even others can not be reset at all. So we have then a setting that can prevent connection or does not do what it says provoking new support questions.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
September 21, 2015 12:21PM
Yeah, I do understand that. It's just that I often want to connect without resetting everything, and I have grown pretty dependent on being able to do so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login