Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2 Motors on single Extruder different Steps per MM

Posted by 2sos 
2 Motors on single Extruder different Steps per MM
November 13, 2015 12:47PM
Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time posting but I am currently on my second 3D printer build. I've run into a problem I can't seem to get past. I need to run a second motor on a single extruder the problem is that they each have their own Steps/mm requirements or else I would just run two motors from a single driver. There is a very specific reason I need to run a Push/Pull filament setup otherwise I wouldn't. I know .92 allows for extra motors but they can only be controlled via additional m/g code commands and that isn't really what I want to do. Any help or direction as to how or if this is possible would be helpful. I'm not apposed to coding or modifying the code I just want to make sure where it would be best to make those changes in the code. Thank you all for any and all help.

Regards,
Brian
Re: 2 Motors on single Extruder different Steps per MM
November 14, 2015 12:05PM
Hmm. Any ideas anyone?
November 16, 2015 03:29AM
If they are supposed to run at the same timethis is not supported directly.

You can play with mixing extruder and set ratio to 49:51 to have both extruders run during one extrusion. They will run roundrobin style so not the same time but every seconds step (for 50:50 or 500:500 change to make one faster). I guess this is the closest you can get without programming.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 18, 2015 04:25PM
Thanks so much for the advice. I may play around with it to see where the mixing extruder get me. In the case where I would like to hardcode something in, in what portion of the code should I start? Not looking for a detailed instruction just a general pointing in the right direction lol.

Thanks again,
Brian
November 21, 2015 02:39AM
It's all in Extruder.h/cpp step/unstep function. They exist twice - for normal and for mixing extruders.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login