Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Controlling individual extruders on a mixing head

Posted by Make_3D 
Controlling individual extruders on a mixing head
November 20, 2015 06:05AM
Hi,

I am very new to mixing head extruders but I have just upgraded to a mixing head (2 in 1 out) and setup my repetier firmware to enable the mixing extruder option, I have also enabled this in repetier host. So now I have extruders 1 and 2 showing in the manual control tab and only 1 heater / temp (as expected), the issue coming when i try to load or unload the extruders, obviously i would like to load the extruders indiviually however no matter which extruder i select (1 or 2) they both turn at the same time. Is there an option somewhere that i havent checked to be able to independently control the individual extruder motors?

Also, i assume that for simple 2 colour printing i simply import 2 models and assign each one with a different extruder? or do i have to play with the mixing options? When i do want to adjust the mixing settings, how would i do this? I havent found any guides on how to do this.
Re: Controlling individual extruders on a mixing head
November 21, 2015 02:38AM
You have 16 mixing ratios assigned to 16 virtual extruders. By default all have same weight so all turn.

Open eeprom settings in host or server and you see the real extruders with 16 weights. Assign weights for the virtual extruders like this:

0: 100 / 0
1: 0 / 100
2: 25 / 75
3: 50/50
4: 75/25

and set number of extruders in host also to 16. Now if you select 1 and retract only that one retracts/extrudes. Select T1 (Extruder 2) and extruder 2 only moves. That's all. For multicolor you assign each part one of the virtual extruders with predefined weight distribution.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
November 29, 2015 04:28PM
Ahh that makes total sense now, thank you smiling smiley i am having a issue with the repeiter firmware now, when i enable the mixing extruder i get the following error,

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

sketch\motion.cpp: In static member function 'static void PrintLine::queueEMove(int32_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':

motion.cpp:1511: error: no matching function for call to 'Printer::isAllEMotors(bool)'

if(Printer::isAllEMotors(true)) {

^

sketch\motion.cpp:1511:34: note: candidate is:

In file included from sketch\Repetier.h:795:0,

from sketch\motion.cpp:24:

sketch\Printer.h:746:27: note: static uint8_t Printer::isAllEMotors()

static INLINE uint8_t isAllEMotors()

^

sketch\Printer.h:746:27: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided

sketch\motion.cpp: In static member function 'static uint8_t PrintLine::queueDeltaMove(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':

motion.cpp:1698: error: no matching function for call to 'Printer::isAllEMotors(bool)'

if(Printer::isAllEMotors(true)) {

^

sketch\motion.cpp:1698:38: note: candidate is:

In file included from sketch\Repetier.h:795:0,

from sketch\motion.cpp:24:

sketch\Printer.h:746:27: note: static uint8_t Printer::isAllEMotors()

static INLINE uint8_t isAllEMotors()

^

sketch\Printer.h:746:27: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided

exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'Printer::isAllEMotors(bool)'

Not sure how to get round this error
November 30, 2015 08:42AM
Please replace isAllEMotors(true) with isAllEMotors() in the two lines. I will update the firmware shortly with the fixes as well.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 12, 2015 10:59AM
That worked perfectly, thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login