When I connect to the printer I see:

Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
Last Updated: Sep 22 2010 09:01:58 | Author: nophead
Free Memory: 12982 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232

The manual has:

Marlin: 1.0.0 RC2
Last Updated: 2012-07-27 | Author: nophead
Free Memory: 12982 PlannerBufferBytes: 1232

The only difference is the "Last Updated" date. Mine is older. Does this mean my firmware is outdated despite mine being 1.0.0 RC2?

IF I do need to update Marlin is the procedure on Github here (Marlin) the precise method for the Mendel90? But the Github page says it contains Release Candidate 2. So that seems to be the same as I have? The date when connecting to the printer has me confused.

Mendel90 blog (Update to Marlin) reads, "I reduced the XY acceleration from 4000 to 2000 as the Y axis can lose steps due to resonance in high frequency infill otherwise." I want this so assume I need newer firmware than what I have?

Thank you
Re: Knowing When Firmware is Up To Date
November 04, 2013 05:11PM
I haven't changed the version number for the minor changes I did.

The date is the date on the computer that loaded the firmware, not related to the firmware version. I don't know it got to be 2010! Are you sure that is not Sept 2013?

As you got your kit at a transition you should update the version of Marlin on the SD with the version on Github and then proceed as described in the manual.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
November 04, 2013 06:45PM
I'm not sure either! I'm new to this ... LOL.

Here's a screen shot:

Maybe gremlins ...
November 04, 2013 07:15PM
nophead
As you got your kit at a transition you should update the version of Marlin on the SD with the version on Github and then proceed as described in the manual.

Thank you ... I was over-thinking the firmware update procedure. I thought I needed to do all that was listed at the bottom of the Github page but not ... this is all nice and smooth. Soon little Android fellow gets printed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login