Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Print hiccup

Posted by Daytrip00 
Print hiccup
February 17, 2013 04:40PM
First of all. Big thanks to Nophead for the Mendel90 kit. I love this thing and am having some serious fun with it.

So I was printing, and the attached image happened midway through the build. It seems as if midway, left just shidted over by about 2" or so and it started printing in the air. Do you guys think this is just a random hiccup, or is there something I may have done wrong.

Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-02-17 13.30.55.jpg (308.9 KB)
Re: Print hiccup
February 17, 2013 04:57PM
Maybe the edge curled inwards and caused the nozzle to catch. Hard to say without watching it go wrong.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
February 18, 2013 03:58PM
Well... It does seem like it was a one-time (or seldom) occurence. I've done about 10-15 more prints and the problem has not reappeared...

Of course, I was watching those. Classic heisenbug.
reallyhp
March 05, 2013 01:10PM
I have seen this happen on my machine. The problem I had was a faulty power outlet. While printing I touched the power cable causing the power supply to shut down for a fraction of a second. My laptop was running and pronterface was still connected to the arduino sending g-code data. When the power was restored to the power supply, it shifted everything and did not continue to print where it left off leaving a very similar string of happiness.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login