Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

skipping extruder

Posted by qwert75 
skipping extruder
May 17, 2013 12:49PM
hello everyone,

ive been having an issue with the extruder of the dibond mendel90 nophead supplies, the extruder will be able to halfway through a print of atleast get past the first layer and then the extruder starts to skip every so often, and its getting to the point every other print im having to retract my filament and reinsert it to get it to print again as it will start a print and just skips, its as if its getting blocked every print, im pretty sure the temp is correct.

everything is calibrated to the very best i can do with what i have so i know everything is level etc.

does anyone know of any reason that could cause this kind of issue.
Re: skipping extruder
May 17, 2013 01:37PM
When it "skips" do you mean the motor skips steps or the hobbed bolt loses grip?

The former would most likely be a loose connection to the motor the latter possibly not enough tension on the springs. If the hobbed bolt ever slips you will need to clean the teeth as it will never work again with plastic stuck in them.

A good test is to remove the idler and push the plastic by hand to see if it extrudes reasonably easily. If not the hot end is blocked.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
May 17, 2013 01:46PM
i meant it skips steps, i have a feeling it keeps getting blocked and its fighting against the filament.

im guessing that the head is blocked, how do i go about unblocking it propperly, see if it sorts my issues?
May 17, 2013 02:20PM
Assuming it is PLA you can heat it to 60C and then pull it out. It should come out as a rubbery solid and bring any particles that might block the nozzle with it.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 05, 2014 02:41PM
I too am gettign the skipping of the motor. I have taken it all apart and cleaned the hot end. I have reconnected all the wiring to make sure all contacts are good. It seems it skips when there is high demand, like when it is filling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login