Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

strange repeating rings on prints

Posted by qwert75 
strange repeating rings on prints
June 08, 2013 08:00PM
hello everyone,

ever since ive really built my mendel90 ive been getting these weird rings on all my prints, its more noticeable on higher layer heights but all i had to hand was my yoda as i've been unable to print anything properly for over a week due to crappy quality plastic (avoid 3d karma).

as you can see on some of the images theres like rungs every set distance i assumed it was every turn on the lead screw or something along those lines so i did the following:

making sure the lead screws have enough oil
dismantled the z axis gave a full strip clean and rebuilt and did a total recalibration (improved things but didnt resolve)
changed oil

if this is just a common thing and i should just lump it is there anyway of trying to minimise its effect?

any help is well appreciated

also as a side note ive noticed that when my print starts doing the usual movements in nophead initial code, sometimes when the x axis moves the z axis motors rotate slowly with them, i thought this was some sort of interference or crosstalk, not sure if this is anything to do with this but hay ho ill get everything fix at some point.
Attachments:
open | download - 2013-06-09 00.40.54 (768x1024).jpg (485.9 KB)
open | download - 2013-06-09 00.40.39 (768x1024).jpg (508.9 KB)
open | download - 2013-06-09 00.40.35 (768x1024).jpg (481.4 KB)
Re: strange repeating rings on prints
June 09, 2013 03:54PM
Have a read of [reprapmagazine.com]
The article you need starts on page 29.

richgain
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login