Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My kit arrived from Chris!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
My kit arrived from Chris!
June 25, 2013 05:17PM
After a quicker than expected journey my kit arrived up in the Austrian Alps 5 days after ordering. It was out of the door within hours of payment clearing!

I'm impressed with the detail that has gone into creating the kit. All the bags of parts are neatly labelled.
I'm good at electronics but mechanical engineering has never been my strong point.

I made it through building the frame and section 4 and got part way into part 5 - X motor assembly before my brain cells started protesting from being overworked in a different direction and I opened a bottle of Rottwein.

At the age of 60 I doubt if I will finish it as quickly as some younger people but it'll be a fun journey.
Re: My kit arrived from Chris!
June 26, 2013 09:39AM
I too was impressed with everything about my M90 especially the support you get from Chris and Mary. Have fun assembling it. It took me 3 days and I shall be 60 in 10 days time! It would have been quicker but there are so many other things that have to be done when you're retired smiling smiley.

Good luck,

Bob
June 29, 2013 11:34AM
Ah, it's never quite the same as your first 3D printer smiling smiley Take a look here if you'd like to compare build notes: [marcos.scriven.org]

Chris's printer and associated documentation really is second to none IMO.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2013 05:30PM
Marco - I have to agree about the quality of the build instructions. I finished all the mechanical sections and am on the PSU now. It didn't make sense to me to cut the unused wires outside and put tubing on so I just opened up the PSU and cut them off inside.
I was waiting for funds to come in and was intending to buy a Prusa i3 kit but then chanced upon the Mendel90 forum and went oh wowee!
The biggest problem I think I will face once I have it made is dealing with all the requests from gf for pretty objects!
June 29, 2013 06:31PM
Yes opening the PSU makes sense if you are electronically savy but is dangerous otherwise.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 30, 2013 06:50AM
I can see why you might refrain from advising that in the manual!

Reminded me of the "Dumb Ways to Die" commercial

nophead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes opening the PSU makes sense if you are
> electronically savy but is dangerous otherwise.
June 30, 2013 07:18AM
Anonymous User
June 30, 2013 03:51PM
Chris - yeah, the voltages stay high inside for quite a while after connection to the mains.
I finished building it! Tomorrow I recheck all the electronics and fire it up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login