Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom G-codessmileys with beer

Posted by Citrushund 
Custom G-codessmileys with beer
July 14, 2013 03:11PM
Hi everyone.

Are you guys using any custom g codes when starting or ending your prints.

Any good thinks to have in there to make it better?

Martin, germany
Re: Custom G-codessmileys with beer
July 16, 2013 07:56AM
I use additional gcode to drive the heatbed in front of the second fan for faster cool down. After starting the fan the heatbed remains there for some minutes. Then the fan is turned off and the heatbed goes to pos Y200. On this position the bed hits a micro switch and turns the power supply to standby mode. An additional LED on the frontside of the Mendel90 indicates that the power supply is still on.

M104 S0 ; turn off temperature extruder
M140 S0 ; turn off temperature bed
M42 P27 S255 ; switch on second fan
G1 Y198 Z200 F9000 ; drive in front of the bed cooling fan
M84 ; disable motors
G4 P60000 ; pause 1 minute
M42 P27 S0 ; switch off second fan
G1 Y200; go to y-end position - push power off button for standby mode
July 16, 2013 08:33AM
yak54x Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use additional gcode to drive the heatbed in
> front of the second fan for faster cool down.
> After starting the fan the heatbed remains there
> for some minutes. Then the fan is turned off and
> the heatbed goes to pos Y200. On this position the
> bed hits a micro switch and turns the power supply
> to standby mode. An additional LED on the
> frontside of the Mendel90 indicates that the power
> supply is still on.
>
> M104 S0 ; turn off temperature extruder
> M140 S0 ; turn off temperature bed
> M42 P27 S255 ; switch on second fan
> G1 Y198 Z200 F9000 ; drive in front of the bed
> cooling fan
> M84 ; disable motors
> G4 P60000 ; pause 1 minute
> M42 P27 S0 ; switch off second fan
> G1 Y200; go to y-end position - push power off
> button for standby mode

Are you using a different firmware from Nophead's Marlin? X and Y go from -100 to 100 don't they? confused smiley

I have a similar setup on mine with my bed fan and gantry LEDs connected to the pins 27 and 28 on my Panelolu. At the end of each print I move the bed to the back and both the fan and LEDs come on so I can admire my handiwork whilst it is cooling down... grinning smiley

The power down switch sounds good - which end of the Y-carriage do you put it? It must be the opposite end from the Y-limit switch, right?
July 16, 2013 09:57AM
After some problems with with slicing and 0/0 as mid of bed at the beginning of my 3D printing i changed it to 100/100 and it is still there.

First i used additional mosfets, but now I have a Panelolu2 for Melzi in use.

The switch for the power supply is mounted on the opposite side of the y-home switch and disconnect the green wire from dummy load. All power is down (motors and Melzi) except for the 5V at standby on the purple wire of the PSU. And there i have connected the attention LED on the front side of my M90. If i pull the bed manually a bit in direction of the y-home switch the PSU starts again.
July 17, 2013 03:14AM
Cool, I will need to think about how I can do something similar but having a switch to break the load on the green wire sounds neat.

Another question: why do you insert 3 pauses of 60,000 milliseconds rather than one pause of 180 seconds? Is there a difference? Does breaking it into 3 allow it to service other calls (e.g. M105?)
July 17, 2013 05:28AM
The 3 pauses are a result of my first try, somehow it did not go into a longer pause. But I have not investigated further and because of that it is still there. I have not tested whether other commands are processed differently.
July 17, 2013 02:47PM
Wow ok, would you share some photos how you made your setup.. Sounds.. NICE grinning smiley
Is it complicated to put extra fans on, i mean kinda firmware wise.
Mine is still kinda bulk.. But was looking for standalone system with lcd.
July 17, 2013 05:08PM
Here are some pictures.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_0070x1024.jpg (85.8 KB)
open | download - DSC_0071x_1024.jpg (65.5 KB)
open | download - DSC_0074x1024.jpg (94.3 KB)
open | download - DSC_0076l_1024.jpg (182.5 KB)
July 28, 2013 04:54PM
Finally got some photos of my lighting and fan setup:

Low-density self-adhesive LED strips tucked in behind the gantry - these come with inline resistors and work fine on 12V

LEDs powered up! Yes, the fan is also illuminated...

Even with the low-density strips that give me 6 LEDs per side there is plenty of light to illuminate the print after each job - this photo was taken at night!
Attachments:
open | download - Mendel90_gantry_LEDs_1.jpg (66.3 KB)
open | download - Mendel90_gantry_LEDs_2.jpg (79.5 KB)
open | download - Mendel90_gantry_LEDs_3.jpg (87.7 KB)
July 31, 2013 11:40AM
Next step is to trigger a camera to automatic take a picture after the print is readysmiling bouncing smiley
August 01, 2013 04:16AM
Not shown in this pic but I have a webcam pointing at the bed with an mjpeg stream that I can view from any web browser, including my phone, so I can monitor prints when I'm out of the room. It can be set to timelapse too but the resolution isn't good enough to be interesting.

I'm working on gcode to flash my LEDs and make a siren noise (by moving the X-carriage around in a sinusoidal pattern!) at useful times during the print; "bed temp target reached" (so I know to remove the top layer of cardboard before the head comes down and hits it!) and "print complete" are two candidates at the moment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login