Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

melzi not reading temp with nophead's firmware

Posted by goopyplastic 
melzi not reading temp with nophead's firmware
August 08, 2013 04:40AM
I just finished putting together my kit and am going through the electronics.

I had a melzi already that I got from matterfy.com it came with the Migthy1284P optiboot bootloader so I am using the [github.com] arduino addon for selecting the board when uploading.

When I upload nopheads firmware I get a maxtemp trigger on the nozzle initially, then I get mintemp errors. The bed temp shows up fine.

If I grab the current marlin from github, change the motherboard to 63 and upload the firmware the temp's for both the nozzle and the bed show up fine. Copying the thermistor tables into the new marlin it still works fine as well.

Before I set about modifying the current marlin to all of nopheads changes, is there something I am overlooking or that may be the cause of the problem?

Thanks,
Goopy
Re: melzi not reading temp with nophead's firmware
August 08, 2013 05:44AM
I think some versions of the Sanguino hardware addon have incorrect pin numbering for the ports. It causes a conflict with the SD card and the thermistor input. If you use my version you should use the Melzi hardware folder that comes with it as that has the correct port definitions. Not sure if it is fixed in the main line.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: melzi not reading temp with nophead's firmware
August 08, 2013 01:19PM
Thanks for the heads up.

I changed the baud speed in the boards.txt on your melzi folder so it would work with the mighty bootloader and it seems to be working fine now smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2013 01:20PM by goopyplastic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login