Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Print with my new Mendel90 & 1 Question spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by Psike2k12 
First Print with my new Mendel90 & 1 Question spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 26, 2013 04:19AM
Good Morning,
I have build up my Mendel90 and went through the Test instructions.
Everything is working well exept the FAN it will not start if I put in the Start Command.
And I have no clue why. Checked the wiring twice and it looks good for me RibbonCabel 12 is Attached to FAN- and I attached the cable on the socket in the right direction.

Now my result of the Android test Print. (Is it OK to use it without the fan, until i am able to fix it?)
Please give me feedback to my attached Image is this the result i can expect from this gcode?

Thanks and have a nice Day!

Lars G.
Attachments:
open | download - Android.jpg (268.4 KB)
Re: First Print with my new Mendel90 & 1 Question spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 26, 2013 09:05AM
Hello Lars,

congratulations for your first Android! It looks OK for me.

The fan you will need, when printing with PLA layers, which are printed in very short time, to cool them down before the next layer is printed.

How have you tried to start the fan (M106 in command line?)?. Do you have a possibility to measure the output voltage at the related Melzi terminals?
Re: First Print with my new Mendel90 & 1 Question spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
September 26, 2013 09:18AM
I havent my Multimeter at my place atm, but I will check the voltage if i got it back.
And Yes I used M106 to get the fan running without any result winking smiley
If everyting els is working can it be part of my soldering to the socket or not right crimp of the plug?

Lars
September 26, 2013 09:48AM
I suspect it could be the soldering on Nopheads X carriage PCB, I'd count it as one of the tougher parts of the setup. When you get your multimeter back check the resistance from the terminal on the PCB to the Melzi.
Fan is Running, but still a Problem
September 27, 2013 02:35AM
It's Done, the fan is running as Hell winking smiley
It was a soldering issue on one point, fixed it and its ok now.

I started with my first "Real" Print with an Object than I have designed and sliced.
I went really well up to an point where I got a lot of ridge when it came to thinner parts.
I draw a paint picture where the edges are not very well and attached two pictures of the Object.

How can I prevent this kind of mistakes is it a heat thing?

Lars G.
Attachments:
open | download - DSC_0003.JPG (103.1 KB)
open | download - DSC_0002.JPG (74.7 KB)
September 27, 2013 04:23AM
This will settle down I believe, Nophead's said the gears can take a few prints to "bed in" so to speak.
Keep printing and it should get better. I remember my first few Androids had a variation in quality despite no changes to the setup. This eventually went away and I got consistent prints. Also don't forget to lubricate your gears to make them last longer, but make sure you use the correct lubricant. You need to use Lithium grease if I recall correctly.

EDIT: I also forgot to add that you need to measure your E-steps, the extruder could be extruding too much. There's steps in the the Mendel90 setup guide for this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2013 04:24AM by Jonny1983.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login