Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jhead repair

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Jhead repair
October 15, 2013 04:46PM
I opened up my J head after it jammed again and found that the red PTFE liner inside was squished. I'm not sure what would cause that . I was printing PLA at 220C. I was wondering about the exact dimensions of a replacement and if anyone knows where to get it.
Re: Jhead repair
October 15, 2013 05:09PM
220 seems a little high for PLA, I print ABS at 230 and sometimes 220. I'm not sure about the exact dimensions, but you can find them here: [www.hotends.com]
Anonymous User
October 15, 2013 05:52PM
Thanks Brian, I ordered a few. The default settings for PLA with the Mendel90 use 220C and it generally seems to work fine. Chris said recently that with the recent new changes to the design he can lower the head to 185C which sounds good. I'll experiment once I get the printer working again.
October 15, 2013 06:56PM
No problem. And when did you receive your kit? I remember something about the ABS profile being the correct profile for PLA. I think he fixed it in the newer kits, but that was the case with the kit I received around May/June.
October 15, 2013 09:24PM
I usually print my first layer of PLA at 220 and the rest from 200 to 185. 220 isn't that hot for certain types of PLA.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2013 09:40PM
I got mine in June. Yes, I use the "ABS" profile.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login