Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tool holder for MDF M90?

Posted by jamesmoe 
Tool holder for MDF M90?
November 28, 2013 08:26AM
Anyone design a tool holder to hang on the frame of a M90? It would be handy to have a holder for tweezers, hex wrench, etc.

Thought I would ask before drawing one up.
Re: Tool holder for MDF M90?
November 29, 2013 09:34AM
I often look at the two unused holes near the left Z motor and think that they would be ideal for mounting this type of object. Personally, I would design something that mounts on the rear of the gantry using them.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
November 29, 2013 10:09AM
Either side of the Y-carriage at the front is enough space for two shallow plastic takeaway containers. I have one on each side - the one on the right keeps my wallpaper scraper, tweezers and 13mm spanner in one place and the one on the left is for sweeping all the loose bits of plastic from the skirt, ooze/wipe, etc into.

I made some "jigsaw" modular tool holders to house all my screw/nut drivers nearby but I find it more useful for those to be around my work area rather than mounted to the printer itself.
December 03, 2013 08:32AM
Could not find anything I liked. Made one.

[www.thingiverse.com]

Enjoy!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login