Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed crashing against Y endstop and making a grinding noise

Posted by [email protected] 
Bed crashing against Y endstop and making a grinding noise
June 20, 2014 04:13PM
the grinding noise is the belt slipping.
but i don't know why the printers ignores the switch.

if i press it manually, and use the manual controls in reptier host, it doesn't move in that direction,
but when i ask it ti "home" it just keeps going.

any help would be appreciated.

i had this problem once with pronterface, but only once and a restart of the program solved that.

i have tried restarting many times, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Re: Bed crashing against Y endstop and making a grinding noise
June 20, 2014 04:49PM
Try loosening the front clamp and pushing it gently towards the back before tightening the clamp again. You've probably just got the clamp at an angle that prevents the switch from fully engaging.
June 20, 2014 05:35PM
QuackingPlums
Try loosening the front clamp and pushing it gently towards the back before tightening the clamp again. You've probably just got the clamp at an angle that prevents the switch from fully engaging.

thanks but i'm pretty sure it is a software thing because it is ok in other software (pronterface)
June 20, 2014 05:56PM
What happens if you set it to home but press the button manually before it hits?
June 20, 2014 06:39PM
quoting here what i wrote to a friend who asked me what happens on g28

""
if is already in the home position, it moves slightly away, then hits the end hard but stops.

if i move it to 0 , 0 , (center of the board) it hit home "grinds" for about half a second (about three clicks on the belt).

if i move it to 0,0 and manually depress the y end switch. it moves slightly away, but then doesn't move back towards the stop.

this is happening both in pronterface and in repetier host .""

so the switch works .
June 20, 2014 07:03PM
So are you saying that this behaviour happens in both Repetier and Pronterface when you initiate auto-home?

If so then all the symptoms point to the bar clamp - this is a common issue for newly built machines (including my own!) smiling smiley
Please humour me and eliminate this first, because if the switch works when pressed manually then the easiest thing to check is that the bearing mount is striking the switch.
June 21, 2014 08:46AM
Don't manually press the switch, push the bed onto it to test if it's working not your finger.
[solved] Re: Bed crashing against Y endstop and making a grinding noise
June 22, 2014 01:49PM
[solved]

well,
i reduced the Y_HOME_speed in marlin.
instead of 50*60 i put it at 30*60

problem solved.

(i tried just plain compiling and uploading the config files , as was suggested to me, but that didn't work.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login