Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Missing screw holes

Posted by nathanmc 
Missing screw holes
April 14, 2015 04:49AM
Hi Chris (or anyone else who may assist),

I'm enjoying putting together your awesome 3D printer the Mendel90_DiBond.

I'm up to 7.6 (Z motor assebly), which states:
"Fit the micro switch to the left hand bar clamp using No2 x 13mm pan head wood screws.
N.B. The button should be towards the front of the machine."

and it seems that the holes in the left hand bar clamp for the screws are missing. From the picture of the finished product, it seems like the switch is on the left hand side of the left hand bar clamp with the wires facing upwards and the switch at the front. Is that correct?

Any help you would greatly appreciated!!

Thank you.
Re: Missing screw holes
April 14, 2015 06:17AM
Hi,

look at my photo:

I hope it helps.

MfG / Regards

Stefan

Blog / Gallery / Wiki / Mendel90 kit since Sep 2013 from Nophead / Original Prusa I3 MK3 since Feb 2018 /
OpenScad Workshop: Kursdateien
Octoprint Patron since April 2016
April 14, 2015 07:06AM
If you got the printed parts from us there should be screws holes in the printed part. In fact in both z_bar_clamps although only the ones in the left one are used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2015 07:48AM by nophead.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 14, 2015 07:39AM
Here is the part on github [github.com]. If you rotate the view you can see the holes. If you don't have holes perhaps you have fitted a y_bar_clamp in the wrong place.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
April 14, 2015 08:48AM
Another possibility is that the holes didn't print correctly and closed up. When I printed my x-motor mount the holes for the switch did that. A small drill bit fixed the problem.
April 14, 2015 07:20PM
Thanks to everyone for their advice, much appreciated.

I took another look at the printed parts and realised that I'd used the y_bar_clamp, as you've indicated. Perhaps an addition to the text on point 6 to indicate that people should use the ones with the screw holes and where exactly to put it. For those that aren't looking up each part as they go.

Whoops!!

Thanks again for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login