Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Detailed 3D assembly ?

Posted by sharonf88 
Detailed 3D assembly ?
June 10, 2015 04:34AM
Hi fellas,

I'm having trouble understating where the M6 brass nut goes on the threaded rod.

"Thread the M6 brass buts onto the bottom of the lead screws... These eventually seat in the nut traps in the top of the X ends"
Do we clamp the x_end on the brass nut? Doesn't seem like it could fit there.

Also, Where could I find a cad assembly of the printer? I feel like it would solve a lot of misunderstandings for me (found all the .stls but not an assembly of them)

Thanks!
Re: Detailed 3D assembly ?
June 10, 2015 05:26AM
The nuts fit into "nut traps" i.e. hexagonal sockets in the underside of the top of the x-ends.

The OpenScad model is here: [github.com]

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
June 10, 2015 05:29AM
Hi,

The brass nuts are threaded onto the lower end of the Z-screws before the Z-couplers are fitted. It is done this way to save the effort of screwing the nuts all the way down from the top after fitting the Z-couplers. The X-ends are lowered onto the nuts afterwards.

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
June 10, 2015 06:02AM
Ohh now I see.
Thank you Nophead and neildarlow

Nophead, I've looked through the folders on github today and yesterday and couldn't locate an assembly file
June 10, 2015 07:21AM
The image above was generated by opening main.scad, i.e. the link I posted above (the forum hides the details of the link).
That is the complete assembly of the machine.

The partial assembly drawings in the manual are in the views directory: [github.com].

Set $exploded = 1; to see exploded views.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login