Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can do bigger stuff too!

Posted by neildarlow 
I can do bigger stuff too!
November 12, 2015 06:58AM
Hi,

I have recently joined the e-NABLE Community and prepared a Raptor Reloaded hand for QA to assess before I can print hands for real recipients.

This was printed with Reprappertech PLA with the following parameters:
Slicer: Cura-15.02.1 (fedora does not yet have 15.04)
Layer height: 0.2mm mostly. Fingertips are 0.15mm
Perimeters: 0.8mm mostly. Palm and Gauntlet are 1.2mm to allow holes to be tapped
Print speed: 40mm/s
Travel speed: 150mm/s
Retraction: 1.5mm at 40mm/s
Extruder temperature: 185C
Heated bed temperature: 70C
Cooling: Fan on 100% after first layer
Bed preparation: Cleaned with Pure White Vinegar
The photographs show the hand assembled with parts directly from the printer bed without clean-up. The assembly pins pushed nicely into the holes with little effort and all of the joints move freely. The Mendel90 did a nice job!

Regards,
Neil Darlow

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Re: I can do bigger stuff too!
November 12, 2015 06:20PM
Looks nice. How does it function?

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: I can do bigger stuff too!
November 13, 2015 02:59AM
The upper-side of the fingers have elastic cords running along the channels from the fingertip to the rear of the palm where they are tied.

Nylon cord runs from the underside of the fingers (through the same channels) to the adjustable tension pins on the top of the gauntlet where they are tied.

The elastic cords hold the fingers in an open position (against gravity) and flexing of the gauntlet/palm joint pulls on the nylon cords causing the fingers and thumb to close in a grasping action.

A velcro pocket in the palm and velcro strap in the gauntlet hold the pieces in place on the wearer and provide for comfort adjustment.

The tension pins allow individual adjustment of the closing point for each finger and thumb. Crude but effective.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2015 03:03AM by neildarlow.

I try to write with consideration for all nationalities. Please let me know if something is unclear.
Printing with Mendel90 from fedora 25 using Cura, FreeCAD, MeshLab, OpenSCAD, Skeinforge and Slic3r tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login