Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

failed print task

Posted by chean 
failed print task
September 24, 2014 07:44AM
I'm having issue with my print. The whole piece shifted towards negative X-axis direction. I'm pretty sure it is not due to slack of X-belt, in fact, I think I may have tighten it too much. Could this be the cause?

*using fimrware 0.78c
*previously was able to print fan deflector with no issue, until this latest piece
Attachments:
open | download - print.jpg (458.6 KB)
Re: failed print task
September 24, 2014 10:32AM
If the belt is not slipping, then the stepper motor is skipping. That may be due to the belt being too tight. It could also be caused by something obstructing the X movement. I cannot see anything on the print that should cause an obstruction, so with the printer switched off you should move the X carriage back and forth by hand to see whether it moves smoothly and easily - the linear bearings could be binding or need a touch of oil. Also make sure you have increased the motor currents to 1000mA in your config.g file on the SD card.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 10:34AM by dmould.
September 24, 2014 10:47AM
Hi chean

Yes the belt can be too tight, esp. if it's not centered, if it rubs against the acrylic x-plate as on the picture

Also the two slots in the printed x-motor-bracket are a bit too small and can cause some friction with a very tight belt

You could raise the x-motor current a bit with the M906 command, that may get you printing but not solve the friction problem, the setting from my config.g:
M906 X1000 Y1200 Z800 E1200 ; Motor currents (mA)

Also make sure the bearing runs free on the smooth rod and the cabling don't interfere with the moving hotend

Erik
September 24, 2014 11:14AM
I think after i tighten my belt, I did not secure the grub screw on the flat properly. Now it's corrected, and I change x-motor current to 1000 as suggested. Oil-ed the rod. Re-printing the part, finger cross!!!
September 24, 2014 12:33PM
My big mistake, it was due to the grub screw. Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login