Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hotend warming problem, and macros

Posted by raffybuffy 
Hotend warming problem, and macros
March 18, 2015 02:33PM
Are two separated questions :-D
First I don't know why but after many canges at my Omerod 1 (with DC42 IR sensor) now I can't reach 250C on hotend it merely reach 240C I don't remember how set the PID.
Now I'm testing RepRapFirmware-096n-zpl, with Web Interface Version: HTML: 1.03, but also with the last DC42 firmware the problem was the same.

With this Web interface I don't understand how use the macros, what kind of file can I upload?
I try some very easy gcode as "g1 z0" into a g1z0.g file but when I try to upload the web interface disconnect itself from duet board and I have to reconnect it.
Some suggesting?
Re: Hotend warming problem, and macros
March 18, 2015 03:14PM
Sounds like either your PID "S" parameter is too low or you don't get true 12V at the hotend cartridge. You can use M301 to adjust it:

M301 S1.1

As for macros, you can indeed create G-Code files (like "Go to origin.g" with "G1 Z0" in it) and upload it either via FTP or using my new web interface. Do you get any error message when your upload fails?
March 18, 2015 04:18PM
Thank you zombiepantslol

Now I'm printing and can't test the S parameter of m301 command, but was what I'm looking for :-D I'm confident that will resolve the issue.

Yes I got the following error:

An AJAX error was reported, so the current session has been terminated.
Please check if your printer is still on and try to connect again.
Error reason: could not start file upload

Also if i try to create a directory in macros section:
Could not create directory!

Sure I missing somewhat....
March 19, 2015 06:59AM
Hmm, I suggest you run CHKDSK on your SD card and then try again. The first AJAX error message you see is reported by the firmware (I guess it couldn't open the file for writing), so I guess you'll see a similar error message in the serial console. Checking the SD card for file system errors might help.

Same goes for the second error message, the firmware could not create a directory for some reason. Of course you could try to upload your files again via FileZilla (use "reprap" or whatever your password is in your config.g), but I figure you'll see a similar error message unless you perform a filesystem check on your SD card.

What browser and SD card are you using?
March 19, 2015 10:37AM
Thank you zombiepantslol,

That's strange I upload gcode file for printing regularly (with web interface or via filezilla), this evening I'll try to run a chkdsk on SD.
If I create a directory into the gcode section for printing I have no problem.
Usually I use Chrome. The SD card is a 4Gbyte SD card but I don't remember other specifications.
I'll also try to use another SD
I'll post the result tomorrow :-)
March 19, 2015 02:26PM
I tried to reformat the old SD and also to use a new SD always same result... Nothing changed.

confused smiley
Can I use Filzilla to put the macro in the SD?
I have to create an apposite folder?
March 19, 2015 02:36PM
Ok I'have find the mistake, I have created a folder named macros on sd and now it's all ok.

Thank you!!!
March 19, 2015 03:35PM
raffybuffy
Yes I got the following error:

An AJAX error was reported, so the current session has been terminated.
Please check if your printer is still on and try to connect again.
Error reason: could not start file upload

Also if i try to create a directory in macros section:
Could not create directory!

Sure I missing somewhat....

I have been experiencing the same problem and thought I might have been going about it the wrong way.

raffybuffy
Ok I'have find the mistake, I have created a folder named macros on sd and now it's all ok.

Thank you!!!

I was under the impression you could place the file in any location on the sd, but I will give your solution a shot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login