Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone explain the different Duet boards and options

Posted by brlowe 
Can someone explain the different Duet boards and options
December 21, 2015 03:47PM
I'm getting an Ormerod 2 kit and I'm 99% sure it comes with a Duet 0.6 board. I am adding a PanelDue with 7" display to my printer.
What are the advantages of the Duet 0.8.5 boards?
What are the Duet Shield PCB boards used for?
Do I need a 5V regulator board?
What is the DueX4 board used for?

At some point I want to make my Ormerod able to have a duel extruder print head but that will be later after I have got it working well and have figured out how everything works, so it could be a few months down the line.
Re: Can someone explain the different Duet boards and options
December 21, 2015 04:34PM
Main advantage of 0.8.5 i think is dual extrusion support ,0.6 supports 1 extruder. for the rest [blog.think3dprint3d.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 04:35PM by Darathy.
Re: Can someone explain the different Duet boards and options
December 21, 2015 07:22PM
Duet 0.6 supports 1 extruder. For more extruders you can add either the Duet shield (2 more extruders and heaters) or the DueX4 (4 more extruders and heaters).

Duet 0.6 supports 2 extruders. It has a quieter 5V switching regulator on board, a separate connector for the Z probe, a separate connector for a PanelDue, a second controllable fan, and edge-mounted reset and erase buttons. It is not compatible with the Duet Shield but you can add a DueX4 if you want more than 2 extruders.

You don't need an external linear 5V regulator unless you need the completes printer to meet CE emissions standards.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login