Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can I buy replacement parts?

Posted by Ecko 
Can I buy replacement parts?
February 03, 2014 07:54PM
I tried to build my own ormerod from scratch (because it seemed like a great idea at Christmas) but a after sourcing and buying the parts for the base, scrounging some steel rod from work and getting my local university to print me the necessary components - I realised I can't find the correct extruder components on eBay - is it possible to buy individual parts from rep rap or do I have to strictly purchase the kit from rs? Meaning I have to start again and will have duplicate parts..... And more money to spend than I planned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Can I buy replacement parts?
February 04, 2014 02:08AM
Hi Ecko,

If you email Sally on info at reprappro dot com with a list she will let you know availability and price.

When I needed a couple of replacements I had them within a couple of days (I am in the UK).

Good luck.

Mike
February 04, 2014 02:42AM
Thank you mike, this has given me hope again, so excited about building this! I will email Sally later today. Do you know if the extruder can be upgraded or if there is a point in upgrading? Doing it this way means I can modify as I build.
February 04, 2014 02:43AM
Forgot to write I am in the uk as well.
February 04, 2014 11:48AM
Ecko
Thank you mike, this has given me hope again, so excited about building this! I will email Sally later today. Do you know if the extruder can be upgraded or if there is a point in upgrading? Doing it this way means I can modify as I build.

I don't know about that, one of the reasons I chose the Ormerod is the planned multi extruder, though I think it may be a while yet. I think I did see (somewhere) that a 0.35mm diameter head is around, but as I can currently slice and print at 0.08mm layers, I'm not sure what the benefits would be and will defer to the (vastly) more experienced geniuses on this board! Personally I am trying a lot of the modifications found on this forum, most of which seem to improve the design even further, but find what works for you.

HTH

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login