Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Pronterface Connection confused smiley

Posted by Mr.Burns 
No Pronterface Connection confused smiley
February 05, 2014 02:58AM
Hi!
I got an problem with my Pronterface... Yesterday, i printed some parts without any problems, so far so good. next i wanted to put som other fils i gcode folder on the sd card, so i turned off the printer, took the sd-card, put it in the pc-slot and changed some gcodes. Thats the way, i ever did and thats the way it ever works. After disconnection the sd-card from my pc, i put it in the sd-card-slot of the ormerod, turned it on and then - nothing! As you can see in the attached pic, the pronterface only says connecting. I tried to get some signal from the ormerod with the arduino-software. ther i can switch to the serial monitor, sometimes i get the feedback "software ist up and runnnig", sometimes i didnt. The command M115 shows my the actual Firmware, so there is actually no problem!?
In Pronterface, sometimes i get the message "software is up and running"; too, but ther i cant get some information with the M115 command - the response of the ormerod is "the printer is not online". The web interface doesn´t work, too. I´m wondering about this behaviour, because there wasn´t any problems before. have anyone an idea or the same prob?

kind regards,

Sven

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2014 03:09AM by Mr.Burns.
Attachments:
open | download - Screen.JPG (160 KB)
Re: No Pronterface Connection confused smiley
February 05, 2014 03:32AM
If i load up any file in pronterface, it will be be shown (normally) in pronterface (look at sreen0 attached)
If i press some other button in proterface the command-window shos something like the screenhot named screen2, it is also attached.

i have no idea, what going wrong here...
Attachments:
open | download - screen2.JPG (59.4 KB)
open | download - screen0.JPG (150.5 KB)
February 05, 2014 05:19AM
Hi Mr.Burns

The picture in your first post shows that the SD card has not been read at startup, and it's not being read correctly by Pronterface in the second picture. If you're using our supplied SD card, I suggest you try a different card. See: [www.reprappro.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
February 05, 2014 05:23AM
Hi Ian,
thanx for your response. I though, if its possible to send the M115 code, the sd card has been read correctly. I will try another card, not longer your supplied SD card. I hope, it will solve the problem, thanx again so far.
February 05, 2014 05:32AM
You'll get a response, but the settings from the SD card have not been read - it's just using defaults.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login