Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USB required

Posted by Ormerod276 
USB required
February 09, 2014 10:38AM
My printer used to run just fine with the USB connected or not if the laptop went to sleep (company policy so shuts down if not used for 15min or so), I have the JP9 link on duet. In the last couple of days if USB not connected or turns off the head just freezes and will then leap into life if laptop woken up. I can't get round the laptop issue other than using an old one (without security timeout) and switching over once printed started so USB always on. Any thoughts (other than webinterface which I haven't got running yet)?

Regards

Chris H
Re: USB required
February 09, 2014 11:04AM
That can happen if the Duet is trying to print messages to the USB port. My guess is that there is an error in the gcode file and it is trying to print an error message to USB. I suggest you do the print with the USB connected and running serial monitor or Pronterface, then you can see what the message is.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 09, 2014 01:41PM
I tend to unplug the printer usb cable once the print is underway. The printer then stops. I then plug it back in and out again, which makes the printer resume and carry on going, even when no longer connected. Hope that helps
February 09, 2014 02:10PM
Squags
I tend to unplug the printer usb cable once the print is underway. The printer then stops. I then plug it back in and out again, which makes the printer resume and carry on going, even when no longer connected. Hope that helps

If the printer stops more or less immediately when you unplug the cable, I'm wondering whether you have a M111 S1 command in config.g, that is causing all the gcodes to be echoed to the USB port?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login