Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slicer software

Posted by tru168 
slicer software
April 11, 2014 12:06PM
Hi,

Try to setup kisslicer to work with Ormerod, and finally I can print a decent prints. I like slic3r but I noticed that I need to wait for 2 or 3 hours to slice an object, and kisslicer took only 6 seconds to slice the same file. thats why I have to use kisslicer.

I have a problem with kisslicer, I don't know what to key in the g-code at its starting line, all my kisslicer file print without skirt, and also it stop on the printed object and not returning home after finished printing.

anyone used kisslicer please help me, i wish to know how to make it print skirt and also park the print head, and turn off heaters . or anyone know how to make slic3r to slice faster?

ew
Re: slicer software
April 11, 2014 01:50PM
I haven't tried Kisslicer myself yet but it looks interesting. I think the move off the print at the end of the cycle could be simple achieved by putting a suitable G X Y command in the postfix g-code. Might give it a go, although it hasn't been updated for a while.

Having said that I don't suffer from long slic3r times (1.0RC3). Typically I see about 30sec to 2 minutes for pretty complex objects on a decent quad CPU 8GB PC. The common wisdom is normally to avoid setting the 'Avoid crossing perimeters' print setting as this is supposed to dramatically slow it down. I do see that but not to the point where it is unusable, maybe a 2 or 3x slowdown. Occasionally I find a good use for that setting as without it the movements seem to be to print all boundaries first and then do infills. Where that has caused an occasional problem for me is if the object has several tall thin 'vertical' columns. Printing the rims first on each layer gives them a chance to cool down and then when the nozzle returns to do the infill it can just clash with the solid rim and end up knocking the column over as the leverage can be quite high as the column gets higher. With avoid crossing perimeters on it seems to complete each island before moving on and doesn't suffer from this hazard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login