Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 0.58a-dc42 and web interface 0.71

Posted by dc42 
Re: New firmware 0.58a-dc42 and web interface 0.71
April 29, 2014 08:26PM
Please see my comments on the 58d thread....

I'm using 57y, but I think there is one if not two bugs in it that are getting carried on in to the 58 series of firmware.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
May 04, 2014 08:28AM
Hello DC/guys.

This is my first post, so here goes.

Thanks to DC and others for making our Ormerod experience better.

I've had my Ormerod for a couple of months now and it's my first 3D printer. I've done a few mods of my own design, which I need to find time to share.

I've been upgrading my firmware with DC's last 3 revisions and have liked the improvements. I can't use the web interface because I think I have a faulty Ethernet port on my Duet. I'm currently on 58a and seem to be having issues printing curves and circles with Cura output gcode. It's really jerky in X Y, starting and stopping the extruder and leaving big blobs. Slic3r code is better, the X Y motion is smooth but extrusion is still a bit rough.

I've been using Cura for a while now as it gives much cleaner prints in general, not sure if this is anything to do with the firmware, anyone else facing similar issues?

Thanks.
May 04, 2014 10:08AM
Yella3D
Hello DC/guys.

This is my first post, so here goes.

Thanks to DC and others for making our Ormerod experience better.

I've had my Ormerod for a couple of months now and it's my first 3D printer. I've done a few mods of my own design, which I need to find time to share.

I've been upgrading my firmware with DC's last 3 revisions and have liked the improvements. I can't use the web interface because I think I have a faulty Ethernet port on my Duet. I'm currently on 58a and seem to be having issues printing curves and circles with Cura output gcode. It's really jerky in X Y, starting and stopping the extruder and leaving big blobs. Slic3r code is better, the X Y motion is smooth but extrusion is still a bit rough.

I've been using Cura for a while now as it gives much cleaner prints in general, not sure if this is anything to do with the firmware, anyone else facing similar issues?

Thanks.

It sounds like you may be printing from Pronterface via USB rather than putting the G code file onto your SD card and telling Pronterface to print from SD. The jerks are caused because the USB interface cannot keep up with lots of very small movements made in a short time, which is how curves are "drawn". The jerkiness will depend on how many small straight lines the curve is described by, so better curves will have more straight lines and print more jerkily via USB, causing a difference in behaviour between different CAD and slicing programs.

Dave
(#106)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login