Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ormerod reset button pusher

Posted by dc42 
Ormerod reset button pusher
May 04, 2014 07:44PM
I finally got fed up with having the back off the Duet box and groping around to find the Erase and Reset buttons. Seeing that the back cover for the Duet box already has holes to access the buttons, but that putting anything metal in them is liable to fry the Duet, I designed and printed a button pusher. You can find it here [github.com].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 07:44PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: Ormerod reset button pusher
May 05, 2014 02:33AM
Due to similar frustrations, I hooked up a separate reset button (some random switch I had laying around). Though with something like this for the erase button, I might actually bother finally putting the Duet cover on...
May 05, 2014 08:42AM
Thank god I have a 3D-printer or I would never be able to print out so many spare parts for it.
May 05, 2014 08:58AM
michaelljunggren
Thank god I have a 3D-printer or I would never be able to print out so many spare parts for it.

:-)

That's rather along the same lines as the person who commented at the scene of an aircraft crash, "It's a good thing the fuel tanks were empty, otherwise there may have been a big fire."

Dave
(#106)
May 05, 2014 11:29AM
michaelljunggren

I think I so far have about a 2:1 ratio of "printing 3d-printer parts" vs "printing other stuff".
May 05, 2014 01:18PM
My ratio is 4:1 in calibration printouts vs useful stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login