Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New experimental firmware 065i-dc52 and web interface 0.95

Posted by dc42 
New experimental firmware 065i-dc52 and web interface 0.95
June 21, 2014 09:34AM
I've released firmware version 0.65i-dc42 at [github.com]. The changes since 0.65h are:

* When returning the machine name via the web interface, any double-quote or backslash characters are escaped as required by JSON. Also the length is checked and the name is assumed to stop at the first non-printable character. This may solve the problems that a couple of users have experienced using 0.65-dc42 series firmware with recent versions of the web interface.

* The machine responds more quickly to the M220 command.

The full list of changes compared to RRP's 0.65e can be found at [github.com].

I've also released version 0.95 of the web interface at [github.com]. To update an earlier 0.9x version, upload these files through the web interface: reprap.htm, js/reprap.js, js/bootstrap-slider.js, css/bootstrap-slider.min.css. The changes since 0.94 are:

* The response to the rr_name request is checked for validity, to avoid problems if used with older firmware that could try to return a name that contains invalid characters

* I have added slider controls to the Print Status tab, so that you can more easily adjust printing speed and extrusion factor on the fly:

At present, the estimated print completion times are not adjusted to account for movement of these sliders. I'll implement that in a future release.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2014 04:30PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: New experimental firmware 065i-dc52 and web interface 0.95
June 21, 2014 06:25PM
I just released a minor update to the firmware as 0.65j-dc42. This removes trailing spaces from the machine name in the M550 command and the password in the M551 command, also it allows for there being a tab character between the password and the semicolon that introduces the end-of-line comment (otherwise the tab character becomes part of the password, which makes it difficult or impossible to enter). It also corrects the returned values of extruder override factor and speed override factor, which will be used by future versions of the web interface.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 21, 2014 11:49PM
Awesome smiling smiley
Will try it out as soon as I get my Ormerod patched up smiling smiley
(It fell of the table breaking its acrylic feet sad smiley )
June 22, 2014 10:49AM
Thanks for your update, everything is looking good so far. I've already merged your changes into my fork, so it should be easier for you to take a look at my networking changes if you're still interested in FTP and Telnet support.
June 22, 2014 04:41PM
Christian, thanks for merging my changes into your fork. I'll look at integrating your FTP support soon.

June 23, 2014 11:20AM
I have run into a problem with the this firmware (and the "h" version also):

When using pronterface via USB, I cannot turn on the nozzle heater via the buttons in the GUI.
The bed-heating works fine.

There is no problem when using the web-interface.
Earlier versions of the firmware (0.57* and maybe 0.59*) work fine with Pronterface.

The printer is printing fine, so it's not a faulty hot-end.

Please let me know, if I should make further tests.

Best regards,

Carsten
June 23, 2014 11:38AM
Carsten, see [forums.reprap.org], in particular the bits about using T1 instead of T0.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 11:39AM by dc42.

June 23, 2014 03:21PM
Hi dc42,

would it be possible for the "G-code file" tab not to print the file as soon as it is selected, but rather send it to print in a multi-step procedure ? The procedure would become :
1. select a file
2. some data about it are displayed : length of filament, estimated print time, object height, ...
3. if what you read doesn't suit you (you don't have enough filament left by example), you can go back to 1 or resign
4. click on a "go" button to confirm your selection and to actually print.

My 2cts
Patrice
June 23, 2014 03:44PM
Arrrggghhhh....smiling smiley

Now I remember reading that post some time ago - and totally forgetting all about the T0-changes....

Thanks for enlightening me, Dave

:-) Carsten
June 23, 2014 07:04PM
paflviet
Hi dc42,

would it be possible for the "G-code file" tab not to print the file as soon as it is selected, but rather send it to print in a multi-step procedure ? The procedure would become :
1. select a file
2. some data about it are displayed : length of filament, estimated print time, object height, ...
3. if what you read doesn't suit you (you don't have enough filament left by example), you can go back to 1 or resign
4. click on a "go" button to confirm your selection and to actually print.

My 2cts
Patrice

The firmware doesn't have an estimate of the print time until printing is well under way. It would be possible to generate an estimate by pre-processing the entire file, but that might take several seconds per megabyte. I'm not sure that most users would want to wait that long before printing starts. I guess it could be made a configuration option.

It would not be difficult to display the other parameters and ask for confirmation before printing.

July 13, 2014 02:13AM
I installed the RepRapFirmware-065k-dc42.bin vershion and the FTP worked grate. The FW in general appeared to work well. I am having trouble with my z axes not able to go to the same point when i do a G30 command. Si i have to check and adjust each time i use the printer. The resin i am writing is the problem i just had. when i was zeroing the G30 P2 position i entered a G1 Z-0.5 command and the controller dumped and ran the Z axes down till i killed the power. I will try to reproduce tomorrow, hear in the US.

Has anyone ran into this with this release?
July 13, 2014 09:42PM
I've had a couple of intermittent problems. Just annoying...

1) Sometimes when I've Paused the print, raised the Hotend by 5 or 50mm, gone off and done what ever I needed to do, lowered the hotend a few minutes later, and tried to resume,
when I hit resume the HotEnd feeder retracts about 70-100mm of filament at high speed... Then tries to print with no filament in the HotEnd.

2) Normaly while homing the x/y/z axi, I'll ask it to home an axis, which it does ok, then the next command will hang... As thou it's busy dowing something, then about 30secs or so it will do the next operation. After that it's fine. It's not a problem to me. Just annoying when I may have hit homey/z a couple of times and it's been delayed, then does the operation how ever many times I'd hit the button.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login