Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is there a easy way to cancel the prints and start over again immediately.

Posted by antlvk 
Is there a easy way to cancel the prints and start over again immediately.
July 25, 2014 12:09AM
I'm using web 0.98 and newest dc421 firmware. Still struggling of cancel a prints. If cancel in the web it will Halted the machine and i have to turn off and on to restart the ormerod. then i have to home all axis all over again and setbed.g

anyway to stop a prints and if bad things happens i can stop it and clear the bed and start again.

Thanks
Re: Is there a easy way to cancel the prints and start over again immediately.
July 25, 2014 01:40AM
There was a command you can send but I can't remember it, M999 possibly but that's just a guess, I'm sure someone will know.

I asked this question a while back.

Another RS Ormerod Mk1 meets the world smiling smiley

Retired now but I used to make....
CNC Machined Mk1 aluminium bed support plates for the Ormerod
CNC machined X-plates and ribs for Mk1 & Mk2 Ormerods
CNC machined bed support arms for the Mk2 Ormerod.
Dual Hot-End heatsink blocks.
July 25, 2014 02:39AM
Click Pause then Reset...
July 25, 2014 02:45AM
Yes, Pause then Reset (not Emergency Stop). If you used the Upload & Print facility, to save uploading again you can print tempWebPrint.gcode from SD card instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 02:48AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 25, 2014 09:40AM
Pause and reset won't wipte setbeg n stuffs? cool, try i later
July 25, 2014 05:03PM
The reset button in the web ui will not clear any settings (other than "what is the current gcode file being printed"). The reset button on the duet will, though.
July 25, 2014 09:13PM
Hmmmm had some strange things happening when I've paused and reset. But that is the way to do it.
Sometimes the machine does a high speed retraction....
Just now, after about a minute or two, the machine seemed to restart from where it left off, but in slow motion.... Very odd.

Also had it that it'll accept the homex, and homey fine, then the machine will hang when I want to homez, (I've removed the wait for temp line from the g file), then instead of lowering to the table to touch the glass, it goes up, then up again...

But it's the ghostly slow motion restart that freaked me out first time it happend... Very odd. I had to shut everthing down, then start again.
It might be a miss match with Pronterface and the firmware thou.... Can't use the web interface due to the many different networks it would have to be setup for...

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
July 25, 2014 10:51PM
Mine works perfectly, thanks
July 26, 2014 08:36PM
KimBrown

Also had it that it'll accept the homex, and homey fine, then the machine will hang when I want to homez, (I've removed the wait for temp line from the g file), then instead of lowering to the table to touch the glass, it goes up, then up again...

I also had this happen. It turned out that my Z axis micro switch had triggered. My homez macro says go up, move into position, the down until until the switch is triggered then back up a bit. As it was already in position and the switch had triggered all I got was two up movements.
July 27, 2014 03:23AM
I've done the pause-reset thing a few dozen times, and twice or so I have had it do strange things. Last time (which was yesterday), it did the X&Y homing, seemed to skip Z altogether (it was at enough height that it should have worked normally), and when it started printing it was just moving around very quickly and not actually moving the extruder, as if only doing the travel moves or something. I just reset the printer (really reset, the button on the Duet) and everything was normal.
It can't really have been the gcode file as it printed normally both before and after, it must have just ended up in some weird unlucky state.
July 27, 2014 05:23AM
jstck
I've done the pause-reset thing a few dozen times, and twice or so I have had it do strange things. Last time (which was yesterday), it did the X&Y homing, seemed to skip Z altogether (it was at enough height that it should have worked normally), and when it started printing it was just moving around very quickly and not actually moving the extruder, as if only doing the travel moves or something.

I don't know why it skipped Z homing, however moving the head around without extruding suggests that you didn't have a T1 command in the gcode file you were printing.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 28, 2014 03:00AM
dc42
jstck
I've done the pause-reset thing a few dozen times, and twice or so I have had it do strange things. Last time (which was yesterday), it did the X&Y homing, seemed to skip Z altogether (it was at enough height that it should have worked normally), and when it started printing it was just moving around very quickly and not actually moving the extruder, as if only doing the travel moves or something.

I don't know why it skipped Z homing, however moving the head around without extruding suggests that you didn't have a T1 command in the gcode file you were printing.

It really did have a T1 command, and the exact same file printed fine both before (except not sticking properly which is why I aborted), and after (after hard-resetting the printer).

The only things I did (all through the web UI) were pause, reset, hit the Z +1mm button a couple times, set bed temp (to avoid it cooling off for next print), run "G31 Z[something] P500", and then start the same gcode file again. Not necessarily in that exact order though (do not remember exactly, but that is roughly how it goes when I reset and restart a print). Running 0.78c-dc42 / 0.97 at the moment, but I have had what I think it the same thing happen a couple times before (probably with 0.65). Might be ages until it happens again, if ever.

Not sure if there is some position in the gcode where stopping the print leaves something in some weird state, but I have no idea what that could be or what combination of gcode could cause it. Anyway, it is a very tiny issue, as it happens so rarely (and it is easily noticed, since it is at the very beginning of a print).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login