Advanced

Problems after firmware update angry smiley

Posted by Ludo91 
Problems after firmware update angry smiley
July 30, 2014 03:54PM
Hi,
I updated from 0.67 to 0.78 and this started quite a bounch of problems:L

-live temperature readings during print do not work anymore ---> NOT SOLVED

-says no esxtruder selected -----> turns out now extruders are counted from 1 and not 0. Why the hell!? FIXED

-when i start a print it moves utterly slow. like, it correctly print but moving about 10* slower than it should do. NOT SOLVED

Help please, I m so tempted to downgrade :-/

PS: Is there a page with a "changelog" also telling you what little changes you should make when upgrading? f.e. from 0.67 to 0.78 I needed to change the extruder name and to change the pin the IR sensor is connected to the due....
Re: Problems after firmware update angry smiley
July 30, 2014 04:14PM
Hi Ludo91,

I presume you updated from version 0.57, not 0.67. There have been two major changes since 0.57:

1. Going from 0.57 to 0.65, the tool numbers start at 1 instead of 0. The fix for this is to change any T0 commands in your config.g file and/or your slic3r start gcode to T1.

2. Going from 0.65 to 0.78, the Z probe output connects to a different pin. Also you need to define explicitly your extruder(s) in config.g using the M563 command. See the sample config.g command that RRP provides alongside the firmware.

I don't recognize your slow printing problem, unless you have a very large amount of bed compensation in effect.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 30, 2014 05:35PM
Hi DC, thankyou for your promt and kind reply.

Yes my precedent firmware was 0.57,

issue 1. I am curious of the rationale behind chaning numbers but the the issue is solved in the way you described, I got one "Attempt to set temperatures for non-existent tool: 0" error message and i cant understand what Gcode instruction is it related to but it is no big deal since i kept an eye on the temp monitor and they were set and changed as supposed to be. Still Im wondering what it could be, this is the beginnign of the gcode file
G21 ; set units to millimeters
M107
M190 S87 ; wait for bed temperature to be reached
M104 S231 ; set temperature
G21 ; set units to millimeters
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M83 ; use relative distances for extrusion
G1 Z5 F200 ; lift nozzle
G1 X2 Y50 F2000; Go to wait for warm position
M116; Wait for all temperatures
G10 P0 S205 R0 ; Set extruder temperature
T1; Select extruder
M116; Wait for all temperatures
M109 S231 ; wait for temperature to be reached
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
M83 ; use relative distances for extrusion

the config file is the default one that came with the firmware.

issue 2. I changed the pin connection and understood why they decided to change pin.

issue 3. slow printing was my bad, wrote 5% instead of 50% grinning smiley
July 30, 2014 05:47PM
You have these commands:

M104 S231 ; set temperature
G10 P0 S205 R0 ; Set extruder temperature

before the T1 command. Unless you execute a T1 command before you print the file (e.g. in your config.g), you will get an error message on the M104 command. You will get an error message on the G10 command anyway. You should use P1 in that command, not P0.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

July 30, 2014 06:15PM
I do execute a T1 command in the setup file, so the error is related to the P0. Thank you smiling smiley Does that cmmand overrides the other temperature settings? I suspect I`d be bettter off without it and just add an extruder off to the end of the gcode, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2014 06:18PM by Ludo91.
July 30, 2014 06:32PM
btw you are setting the hot end temperature first to 231C using M104, the to 205C using G10, then back to 231C using M109. It looks to me that you should remove the S205 parameter to the G10 command, so that you only set the standby temperature, which is what the R0 does.

July 30, 2014 06:48PM
fixed. tnks smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login