Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y Axis skipping

Posted by Svamle 
Y Axis skipping
August 08, 2014 06:51AM
Hi!

I'm trying to optimize my slic3r settings to get the best performance contra time consumption, and I'm finding it difficult to print small objects such as gears without the bed skipping. I've tried tweaking the acceleration settings but it seems that it's the de-acceleration that's causing the big jerky moves. What have you found to be the optimal speed and such for your machines? Could tightening the Y-axis belt help solve this problem? Do you guys have different slic3r settings for big simple geometry objects and small more advanced objects?

cheers!

Björn
Re: Y Axis skipping
August 08, 2014 07:15AM
The acceleration settings set by M201 affect deceleration too. Have you increased the Y motor current to 1000mA? What firmware are you using? Some older firmwares have acceleration bugs.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 08, 2014 07:43AM
Oh, ok, I'm not quite sure what version it is but certainly not the latest one, I will upgrade to a newer one. I haven't set the current to 1000mA, does this affect the jerkyness?

Björn
Umeå Universitet
Sweden
August 08, 2014 09:35AM
Setting current to 1000ma does not affect the jerkiness, but helps to prevent the motor missing steps during fast but smooth acceleration and deceleration. If the movement is very jerky, then you are probably using old firmware with at least one acceleration bug in it.

Current official firmware is 0.78, and the current version of my fork is 0.78h. If you are upgrading to either of these from a version earlier than 0.78, you will need to move your Z probe blue wire and possibly update your config.g and the custom gcode in your slic3r profile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2014 09:37AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login