Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Auto bed leveling

Posted by appjaws1 
Auto bed leveling
August 27, 2014 06:02AM
Just some clarification needed please.

I have been using the G30 commands in my setbed file for some time.

I also have the M557 codes in my config file.
1, Do I need both?
2 I have added a P4 to each for 5 point levelling is this correct?
3 I have always run setbed.g to initiate the auto bed compensation using the G30 command, when M557 was introduced should I have changed to something else?
4 Should I just have the M557 commands in the setbed file?

Thanks for any help
Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: Auto bed leveling
August 27, 2014 06:27AM
Hi Paul,
M557 is used to specify the probe points, and as you suggested you can specify a fifth point (P4) to enable 5-point bed compensation with either dc42's or my fork. I always run the M557 commands in my config file, although I use 4-point bed compensation only. I don't think it matters where you execute M557, as long as you run it before you start G32. G30 only probes the Z-height at the current position, and this is exactly what homez.g does.

As for RRP's new development firmware, the mechanism for automatic bed compensation has changed. Looks like RRP wants to get rid of M557 completely, but I'm still happy with it, so I haven't started merging in their latest changes yet. With their new development firmware, I believe you will have to run G30 at each bed compensation point, but with our current releases, you should only use G32 assuming you have a reliable Z-probe.
August 27, 2014 06:43AM
Thank you zombiepantslol
If I understand you correctly I can delete all of my G30 codes in my setbed.g file and when G32 in the setbed.g file runs, it will pick up the M557 points as defined in the config file and carry out the levelling sequence on all points in order.

It's great to be back, now back to 2 colour printing.

Oh bye the way which pin on the duet expansion board do I connect the speed sensor cable (yellow) for my external fans?

Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
August 27, 2014 06:47AM
Yes, that is correct. I usually run G28 (Home All) and then G32 to run the initial bed calibration on my machine.

If you're using my fork, you can connect the Sense line to pin 10 on the Duex4 expansion header.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login