Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web interface wrong T2 temperature

Posted by colsenfoto 
Web interface wrong T2 temperature
September 10, 2014 02:42AM
I have finally started using the web-interface instead of Pronterface.

Unfortunately I have a problem with the temperature-reading of T2.
I have a ton of noise on the first termistor-input on the Duet extension-board, so My T2 termister and heat-cartridge is connected to the second IO connector.

On the first half, T2 is heated to 205 or 240 C, and then T1 is used.
As can be seen the T2 reding is not correct.
I suspect the blue spikes to be an electrical/software problem. They appear when the T2 heater is on. The temperature of the bed is not changing.

My extruders are configured as folows in the config.g
M563 P1 D0 H1
M563 P2 D1 H3
G10 P1 X0 Y0 Z0 R165 S165
G10 P2 X-22 Y0 Z0 R165 S165

Any ideas?
Does the web-interface read the thermistor-inputs directly without taking the M563 configuration into account?

If I had the time, I would hunt down the noise with an oscilloscope and shielding and low-pass filtering. Right now it works so maybe sometime in far future :-)

Thank you.

:-) Carsten
Re: Web interface wrong T2 temperature
September 10, 2014 04:31AM
It looks to me that you are not using the latest dc-42's web interface which shows the standby temperatures as well as the active ones. You have the standby temp set at 165 which is what the screen is showing on the non active tool.

Hope that helps

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
September 10, 2014 05:20AM
There is a lot of noise on readings from thermistors attached to the DueX4, because the smoothing capacitors for those thermistors are connected to common ground instead of to analog ground, and common ground carries the stepper motor and heater currents. I describe a modification to fix this in [miscsolutions.wordpress.com].

The other thing you can do to reduce the ground noise is to make sure that you have as little resistance as possible between the ground connections of the 12V terminal blocks on the Duet and the X4. I have a connector block right outside the Duet+X4 housing, and short lengths of the solid conductors from 30A ring main cable between that connector and the terminal blocks. Like this:

I don't see any interference to the bed temperature reading when either heater is on.

As Paul says, you are using an older version of the web interface that does not show the active and standby temperatures. However, the current web interface does assume that tools 1 and 2 use heaters 1 and 2 respectively, so that may be contributing to the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 05:21AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

September 10, 2014 06:03AM
dc42
However, the current web interface does assume that tools 1 and 2 use heaters 1 and 2 respectively, so that may be contributing to the problem.

Thanks for the info. This explains why I do not see a correct T2 temperature when the tool is active.

I'll get the software updated soon and do a test with the T2 heater using "heater 2".

:-) Carsten
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login