Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

@dc42's two nozzle upgrade - would it be possible to mix Ormerod 1 and 2 extruder drives on the same printer

Posted by alanbattersby 
Hi,
I have ordered all the parts following @dc42's instructions on his website. Reprappro have replied to my order asking for clarity on which extruder drive I want ormerod 1 or 2? My machine is an ormerod 1 so my default position would be Ormerod 1. But out of interest could an ormerod2 part be used? Can the parts be mixed,Is there much difference between them? and would it be covered by some parameter correction in the config file?

I always try to work with the idea that the later versions are hopefully better than earlier ones (Yeah smiling smiley ) would that be the case here?

thanks, Just asking out of interest.
Alan
I believe the Ormerod 2 extruder drive assembly has a longer tongue than the Ormerod 1 design, and this longer tongue fits into a slot in the Ormerod 2 x-rib. So an Ormerod 2 extruder would not fit an Ormerod 1 unless you filed the x-plate to accommodate the tongue.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2014 02:07PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login