Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

feature request.

Posted by appjaws1 
feature request.
October 17, 2014 11:02AM
Would it be possible to include another slider on the web interface to control the external fan speed.

Is it true to say that when new versions of the web interface come out, that the only files that need uploading are reprap.htm and from the js directory reprap.js?
If not could we have the facility to load the complete directory onto the ormerod. Then we would not need to ever remove the SD card.

Thanks for your time
Paul

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
Re: feature request.
October 17, 2014 12:43PM
appjaws1
Would it be possible to include another slider on the web interface to control the external fan speed.

Yes I think that should be doable, I'll have a look at it soon.

appjaws1
Is it true to say that when new versions of the web interface come out, that the only files that need uploading are reprap.htm and from the js directory reprap.js?
If not could we have the facility to load the complete directory onto the ormerod. Then we would not need to ever remove the SD card.

That's usually true, but other files may change as well. For that reason it's a good idea to look at the commit to check which files have changed.
October 17, 2014 01:10PM
appjaws1

As zpl says, usually it's only reprap.htm and js/reprap.js that have changed. However, you can already upload all the web files via the web interface. The Duet looks at the file extension and puts them in the appropriate directory. Or you can upload them via FTP. So you never need to remove the SD card.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 17, 2014 01:29PM
Ok thanks,

So I would need to load each file separately as opposed to just loading the directory?

appjaws - Core XYUV Duet Ethernet Duex5
firmware 3.1.1 Web Interface 3.1.1
Ormerod 1-converted to laser engraver, Duet wifi
OpenSCAD version 2020.07
slic3r-1.3.0, Simplify3D 4.1.2, Cura-4.4.1
October 17, 2014 02:13PM
If you upload via web interface it's one file at a time. If you copy to the SD card or via ftp, you should be able to do lots of files at a time (how depends on your os/file manager or ftp client of course).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login