Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Omerod 2 - Orthogonal Axes Compensation

Posted by Alex74 
Omerod 2 - Orthogonal Axes Compensation
November 17, 2014 05:14PM
Hello,

I tried to make the Orthogonal Axis Compensation but it won't work correct for me.

What I've done:

Printed the Parts.
xy: nearly correct
xz: 3 turns anti-clockwise = 1.5mm
yz: 1.3 turns anti-clockwise = 0.875mm

Now I make a File setaxis.g:

M556 S77 X0 Y0.875 Z1.5

After I started this gcode I try an G32 for automatic Bed-Leveling.
But now, I can see if the Y-Axis goes to Point 2 the X-Axis goes up too much.
It's visible. And on Point 3 it goes to the Limit of the X-Axis.

But why, xy has no need for correction. Are the Parameters in wrong order ?

So, what's wrong with my compensation ?

Thanks,

Alex
Re: Omerod 2 - Orthogonal Axes Compensation
November 17, 2014 11:36PM
hi Alex
your compensation looks fine to me

forgive me if this is a silly question but were all axes homed before you ran command for automatic bed leveling?

James
November 18, 2014 04:10AM
Hi James,

I have read all about the M556-Command but it's mysterious.

Without the Command everything ist fine.
The Parameter X0 says no correction if the Y-Axis moves.

But by G32 I can see by moving from Point 1 (x=45, y=0) to Point 2 (x=45, y=1??) i can see, the x moves a lot.

Alex
November 18, 2014 05:41AM
There is a bug in the firmware that causes a shift in the X and Y origins every time you do G30 or G32 with XZ and/or YZ axis compensation enabled. This is fixed in my fork of the firmware. Hopefully, RepRapPro will incorporate the fix soon.

If you are already running RepRepPro's 0.78c release, you can upgrade to my 0.78x release which you can find here [github.com] (follow the link to 0.78x and then use the Raw button to download it). You can keep your existing config.g and homing files, but if you are using the web interface you will need to update the files and subfolders in the /www folder of the SD card, from here [github.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 18, 2014 06:13AM
Hello dc42,

many thanks for your answer !

If i first use G32 (do I have to use it everytime I power on my Omerod2?) before the Axis Compensation will this be okay for printing ?

I think, I will try to update the Firmware to your Firmware an test it. I always use the web interface. In my Version on active printing all Values (Estimated Times, Progress etc) stay on zero. Is that fixed too ?

Alex
November 18, 2014 07:25AM
You need to use G32 every time you power your Ormerod on, after homing the axes (and preferably heating the bed to printing temperature), because the compensation values are not saved. The alternative is to level the bed accurately so that you do not need to use bed compensation.

I think delaying sending the axis compensation command until after homing the axes and running G32 would probably get round the problem with the official firmware, but I haven't tried it.

I think the build progress etc. in the RRP version of the web interface works if you print directly over Ethernet (which I don't recommend) but not if you print from SD card. Using my build of the firmware and web interface, it works when printing from SD card. The most accurate results are obtained if the gcode file contains a comment specifying the total amount of filament needed. Recent versions of slic3r (e.g. version 1.17) insert this comment automatically.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 07:26AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 18, 2014 12:31PM
Hi dc42,

I updated to your Firmware an your website.
WOW ! That looks perfekt for me !

The G32 is much faster and the Axis Compensation works.
The website has more Details and works perfekt. It now shows the object height and the estimated Time and the progress.
Looks very good...

Thanks a lot...

Regards,

Alex

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 12:32PM by Alex74.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login