Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duet Board Replacement

Posted by djar 
Duet Board Replacement
February 25, 2015 01:35PM
Hello Folks,

my Duet stopped to work suddenly today. Just a red LED on the Board, no RJ45, no USB.

Do you guys know, if there is any cheap replacement for it at the moment? The 70 pounds + shipping is too much for me to still invest it in the Ormerod, as the design has some flaws, which can't be compensated.

If there is no cheap board or something, i rather buy a CTC (450€, dual extruder) or directly a Ultimaker 2.
Re: Duet Board Replacement
February 25, 2015 01:41PM
djar
Hello Folks,

my Duet stopped to work suddenly today. Just a red LED on the Board, no RJ45, no USB.

Do you guys know, if there is any cheap replacement for it at the moment? The 70 pounds + shipping is too much for me to still invest it in the Ormerod, as the design has some flaws, which can't be compensated.

If there is no cheap board or something, i rather buy a CTC (450€, dual extruder) or directly a Ultimaker 2.

If it has stopped working for no apparent reason, have you contacted RRP to see whether it can be replaced under warranty?

Dave
February 25, 2015 01:48PM
Over a year old - don't know if they give waranty then - but i'll try it...
February 25, 2015 02:34PM
There are plenty of cheaper 3D printer controller boards available, but not with Ethernet connectivity, and only the Duet currently supports RepRapFirmware. You could go for a cheaper controller such as Arduino/RAMPS with different firmware, but expect to lose some functionality, as well as losing the Ethernet connectvity and web interface, and to have to learn new firmware. Other firmware is also unlikely to support the IR probe.

You can buy the Duet from Think3DPrint3D at a lower price than form RepRapPro (note that T3P3 quote VAT-inclusive prices on their web site, whereas RepRapPro quote VAT-exclusive prices). However, the T3P3 boards generally have screw terminals instead of pin headers, so they take longer to wire up.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 26, 2015 08:39AM
djar
Over a year old - don't know if they give waranty then - but i'll try it...

If you purchased in the UK you are covered by the Sale of Goods Act whether it is within warranty or not. Your complaint under SOGA would be with the retailer you bought the product from rather than RRP (unless you bought it direct from RRP). There is no specific time limit specified in SOGA, but a product must last for a "reasonable" time bearing in mind its intended function and price - which for a CPU board in that price range would almost certainly be a couple of years at least.

Dave
March 01, 2015 03:34PM
RRP didn't answered upon my request and the next machine will be an Ultimaker 2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login