Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Homing problem

Posted by balak59 
Homing problem
April 08, 2015 06:26AM
Hi,

I just finish to build my Ormerod 2 and i started to do the "Commissioning part".

Here is my problem :

I'm triying to homing my axis... X & Z seems to be good but when i prees the "home Y" button on Pronterface, the bed run in the wrong direction (forward the microswitch...)

Is it normal ?

I already checked the wire of the y drive and the wire on the Duet board...

Can you help me ?

(I am french, that can explain my poor english)
Re: Homing problem
April 08, 2015 06:41AM
That sounds like you installed the wrong /sys files (probably for Ormerod 1). You need to replace homeall.g and homey.g with the correct files from the Ormerod 2 SD image (presuming you're using RRP's official firmware).
April 08, 2015 06:45AM
The other possibility is that your Y motor loom has a couple wires swapped. But check you have the correct SD card files first.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 08, 2015 07:02AM
Thanks for the fast answer smiling smiley

I checked all of the files on my SD card and even erase it all to create an other SD card from scratch.

Same problem.

I will turn off the printer and checked if there is a swapped wire into the loom.

One question : In the Pronterface software, when i use the job Y+ , the bed must go toward the microswitch or forward ?

Thanks
April 08, 2015 07:16AM
balak59
I will turn off the printer and checked if there is a swapped wire into the loom.

One question : In the Pronterface software, when i use the job Y+ , the bed must go toward the microswitch or forward ?

Make sure you turn off your printer before you unplug any cables, otherwise you may damage the stepper drivers!

When you press on Y+, the bed should move to the left and away from the microswitch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 07:49AM by zombiepantslol.
April 08, 2015 07:42AM
OK, It's confirmed, When i prees on Y+the bed move to the left sad smiley and to the right with the Y- button.

So let's check the loom.

I am a bit septic about the loom. I will try to use the Ormerod control interface (web browser) to see if there is the same problem.
April 08, 2015 07:51AM
Sorry my bad, I meant to say it should move to the left when you increase Y. Can you post the content of your homey.g file? Somewhere in it you should read the line

G1 Y-250 S1

or similar. If Y is positive in that line, that's the reason why it moves away from the Y endstop switch.
April 08, 2015 08:02AM
G91
G1 Z5 F200
G1 X20 F2000
G90
G92 Y0
G1 Y-250 F2000 S1
G92 Y0
G1 Y3 F200
G1 Y-30 F200 S1
G92 Y0
G1 Y3 F500 ; adjust the Y value to put the nozzle on the edge of the bed
G92 Y0
G91
G1 X-20 F2000
G1 Z-5 F200
G90

And Voila.
April 08, 2015 09:23AM
Any reaction ?

I am lost. Where is the "Home" position of the bed ?

is it on the microswitch or in the other side ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 09:26AM by balak59.
April 08, 2015 09:47AM
That's the correct homeall.g file for an Ormerod 2. So I suggest you check the Y motor loom. By this, I mean check that the order of the coloured wires going into the connector at each and is the same as for the X or Z motor loom.

PS - if the loom is faulty and you don't want to correct it, you can reverse the direction with a command in config.g. I think the command you need is M569 P1 S0 but if that has no effect, try M569 P1 S1.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 09:50AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

April 08, 2015 09:55AM
Exactly the same loom in the same order for both axis.

There is no swapped wires...

Tell me if you want somes photos or video...

I don't know what to do.
April 08, 2015 10:01AM
balak59
OK, It's confirmed, When i prees on Y+the bed move to the left sad smiley and to the right with the Y- button.

Actually, those are the correct directions. When you home an Ormerod 2, the bed should move to the right until it triggers the microswitch, then back off by 3mm, then move more slowly back to the microswitch. What does yours do?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2015 10:02AM by dc42.

April 08, 2015 10:27AM
dc42
That's the correct homeall.g file for an Ormerod 2. So I suggest you check the Y motor loom. By this, I mean check that the order of the coloured wires going into the connector at each and is the same as for the X or Z motor loom.

PS - if the loom is faulty and you don't want to correct it, you can reverse the direction with a command in config.g. I think the command you need is M569 P1 S0 but if that has no effect, try M569 P1 S1.

Wow... M569 P1 S0.... working even if my loom is not faulty... strange!

Now i can home all my axis.

Thank you all for your reactivity.
April 08, 2015 10:37AM
Of course after several tests, i need to type this command line after turning off my printer.

Is there a way to write this command line when i turn on the printer ?
April 08, 2015 11:11AM
balak59
Of course after several tests, i need to type this command line after turning off my printer.

Is there a way to write this command line when i turn on the printer ?

Yes, put it in the config.g file.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login