Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap 1.09 web interface file operations not working

Posted by bartdietrich 
RepRap 1.09 web interface file operations not working
May 06, 2015 10:15AM
Hi all,

I've just upgraded to the new 1.09 RepRap firmware and copied all relevant files from the SD-image folder to the SD card (including everything in www). I can see and connect (eventually) to the printer via the new web interface. The printer controls work but anything to do with SD file operations doesn't. That is, I can't delete files from the card or print them, or upload and print (when I click the relevant buttons nothing happens). I can upload and print from Pronterface and when I do, the web interface is aware of it (i.e. it displays print progress etc).

I use Opera and file operations used to work in version 1.04. I did merge the new www folder with the old one (replacing existing files) rather than replacing it completely in case that's relevant.

Anyone had the same issue?

Cheers,
Bart
Re: RepRap 1.09 web interface file operations not working
May 06, 2015 11:23AM
I have not yet checked if the web interface works with Opera, but I will do so later today when I get time. If there are any Opera-specific issues, I will fix them ASAP. Meanwhile I suggest you use Firefox or Chrome instead (in fact even IE10 should work). You can also upload files via FTP if you don't want to install a second browser on your system.
May 06, 2015 12:21PM
Christian

I was wondering why you were responding to a comment on the 1.09 RRP release when this did not relate to your 1.08 releases.

Then I read the small print of RRPs 1st May news announcement.

If I haven't missunderstood, congratulations on your new appointment to the RRP team.

Lloyd
May 06, 2015 12:44PM
Lloyd, yes, you've understood right - Thank you smiling smiley

I've just tested the web interface with Opera and everything works well on my setup, including file uploads and the SD management buttons (print, delete). Are you using the latest Opera version? Can you try to replace "js/interface.js" once again? If that file is incomplete, it may cause the symptoms you described. However, if the problem remains, please open the JS developer console, check if there are any errors and report them here if necessary. In that case I'll have a look at it again.
May 06, 2015 02:55PM
Hi Christian,

Just fired the printer and computer up again and today the web interface appears to be working. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience/alarm. And congratulations on the new job!

Bart
May 07, 2015 12:33PM
ezwul
Christian

I was wondering why you were responding to a comment on the 1.09 RRP release when this did not relate to your 1.08 releases.

Then I read the small print of RRPs 1st May news announcement.

If I haven't missunderstood, congratulations on your new appointment to the RRP team.

Lloyd

Is there any link? Maybe I have to exchange my firmware too before I am hunting problems where maybe no problems are anymore?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login