Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Original Ormerod 2 hot end STL's

Posted by kevingrumble 
Original Ormerod 2 hot end STL's
June 02, 2015 08:26PM
Could anyone point me to the original STL files for the ormerod 2 hot end? The parts I'm interested in are the printed pieces shown in the attached images. Is there any reason I should upgrade to the newer parts, or are there any alternative parts the community is using?
Attachments:
open | download - 1.png (102.2 KB)
open | download - 2.png (83 KB)
Re: Original Ormerod 2 hot end STL's
June 02, 2015 11:26PM
kevingrumble
Could anyone point me to the original STL files for the ormerod 2 hot end? The parts I'm interested in are the printed pieces shown in the attached images. Is there any reason I should upgrade to the newer parts, or are there any alternative parts the community is using?

I am sorry!!!
June 03, 2015 02:04AM
kevingrumble

The only advantage I know of about the new parts for the hotend is that the acrylic spacer allows RRP's version of Fan0 to be mounted, and also removes the hot end fan from cooling the parts, but there are other community made mounts/mods that should work ok.
Also, a downside: the acrylic spacer is (currently) incompatible with DC42's hotend board.
also, should point out the acrylic spacer replaces these parts, so technically no .stl's for this design change.

The Nozzle mount hasn't changed if you have the one-piece nozzles... but all new kits are going to have the new quickset nozzle, and all of the RRP dual color upgrades have the quickset nozzle.

The X-carriage has moved the bearing to run on the bottom of the X arm. This should limit/remove some of the hot end droop issues and X arm twist issues, but some users have reported it's hard to put on. Also note, the newer carriage is NOT recommended for the aluminum x-arm mod, as the bottom of the aluminum isn't smooth enough, the head will bounce around (bad). If you have the aluminum arm stick to the older carriage for sure.

To find these files you have to go into the github and browse previous commits (i.e. versions). The nice thing about github is that every change is archived,.... forever!

These are the parts you mentioned from the version right before the acrylic spacer commit (oct 24, 2014 is the date), so I think they should be what you're looking for. If for any reason you need other .STL's from this revision, you can just browse the repository from the links below, and you should stay in that older revision, unless you change the tree.

Heatsink duct: [github.com]
Fan Duct: [github.com]
Nozzle Mount: [github.com]
X carrage: [github.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2015 02:13AM by shadow651.
June 03, 2015 06:09AM
shadow651

Also, a downside: the acrylic spacer is (currently) incompatible with DC42's hotend board.

I have recently been on DC's instruction page and acording to them ,it is compatible

If you have the newer Ormerod 2 that has an acrylic spacer for the hot end instead of the heatsink duct and the fan duct, then I suggest you print the one-piece duct (and drill the extra hole in the heatsink)
June 03, 2015 07:20AM
shadow651
Nozzle Mount: [github.com]

To prevent this:

...I prefer Simon's mod (new-nozzle-mount.stl)

[forums.reprap.org]

Erik
June 03, 2015 07:33AM
real
kevingrumble

[attachment 55839 QQ20150603105957.png]

I am sorry!!!

Use WinRar and set the max file size. This will compress/archive the file as a set of smaller files that you can attach.

Dave
June 03, 2015 07:20PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the quick replies. I thought they would be uploaded to GitHub, but I didn't know how to search through old commits. I believe I'm having a problem a lot of people had with the original files... my hot end is starting to sag to the side since I started printing abs. The PLA doesn't look deformed at all though, so I'm not sure if it's a heat issue or something else.

What is changed between the nozzle-mount and new-nozzle-mount files and what issues is it attempting to address?
June 04, 2015 07:00AM
as erik pointed out it could be just the screws getting loose ,or your X-runer bearing moved try adjusting that. And print the nozzle mount in ABS ,it will save you some trouble with it deforming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login