Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

File uploading problems

Posted by Mercnik 
File uploading problems
August 16, 2015 07:32AM
Hi.

I have problems uploading files via Duet Web Control.
I have latest DC42 firmware and latest DWC.
I get AJAX error all the time.
I have this problem for a while now.
Machine control works fine.
And when i finaly get the file uploaded, ewerything works fine.
I tried to change name of the file, and sometimes it works.
And it doesnt matther if the file is a few KB or couple of MB.
sometimes the file transfere progres get's to 100%, and then reports AJAX,
or it stops somwhere else, and looses conection.

Any solutions???
Re: File uploading problems
August 16, 2015 07:57AM
Are you trying to upload whilst the printer is in operation?

If so then its possible I've seen something similar, if you have the very latest DC firmware then he lowered the interrupt on the web connection, this fixes a shuddering issue I was seeing, but I think it downgrades network connection whilst the printer is in operation.... personally I prefer the latter problem to teh one I was having before
August 16, 2015 08:04AM
Machine sits idle.
August 16, 2015 08:22AM
Different problem then, mine works fine at idle, you using a router or direct connect, if not direct connect then try that.
August 16, 2015 09:59AM
I just had a persistent file uploading problem, and I did some investigation. One of the things I found is that when a file upload fails, sometimes the firmware doesn't recover from it, so when you attempt it again it returns an error saying that a file upload is already in progress, even if you closed the browser session and opened another. Unfortunately, the browser then gives no indication of what has gone wrong, instead it reports an AJAX error and disconnects. You need to reset the printer to do another upload.

Many months ago I had some code to the firmware to prevent exactly this situation, but it seems to have been lost in the change to POST file uploading. I have reinstated it for my next release.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 16, 2015 10:10AM
i closed browser allways when upload failed. And i turned the machine (printer) off, but i didn't reset it.
I conected my labtop with router wia cable, and now it works better.
but it would be great if you ad that piece of code
Thank you, for your work
August 16, 2015 12:45PM
There is also an upload issue using FileZilla (linux only?). If you start transfer one file and then you start the transfer of a second file during the upload of the first file the upload of the first file fails and it is hard to upload again. You have to reset the printer first. Maybe there is a relationship between these two errors?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
August 17, 2015 03:15PM
Now I experienced issues uploading the following file. It just didn't work. Got AJAX error after 20-25%. After 5 or so tries the Duet wasn't responding at all and I had to restart it.

[drive.google.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login