Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new PSU required

Posted by 88Zombies 
new PSU required
October 02, 2015 04:50PM
Hi,
Aftyer just replacing the fan on the extruder, my PSU has now given out... sods law.

does any one know if this will work as a replacement?

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2015 04:51PM by 88Zombies.
Re: new PSU required
October 02, 2015 05:04PM
You can use a pc psu as general purpose power supply but they require some modification, these types of psu have multiple circuits and if some them are not connected to a load then the psu will shut down, so you would need to add some power resistors to these circuits to keep them loaded.

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
October 02, 2015 05:10PM
Just looked up a howto guide, looks simpler than I remember when I made one, maybe im using a different type of psu

[www.instructables.com]

RepRapPro Mendel 3 Tricolour
RepRapPro Fisher
-Carbon Arms
-Easy adjust Carriage+effector
-axis stiffness mods
HE3D -600 delta
-Duet 0.8.5
-PanelDue
-DC42 Height probe
-RobotDigg metal components
Simplyfy3D
RS Design Spark CAD
October 03, 2015 11:28AM
To be honest, you'd be better off with a LED power supply. 12V doesn'dip as much, something like
[www.ebay.co.uk]
You need the 30A one.

Pete.
October 03, 2015 11:52AM
RepRapPro only delivers the 20A version. This should be quite enough but however I also use a similiar 30A PSU. But be warned: my PSU is much louder than an ATX-PSU.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 03, 2015 01:15PM
I use a 12V 25A LED power supply for my dual nozzle Ormerod. It is fanless and therefore silent.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 03, 2015 03:04PM
Have you a datasheet/ link? What about your Duet? Do you use an extra fan? I guess the 25A power supply has slightly other dimensions as the 20A version, am I right? What about the case of the Duet? How did you mount this?

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
October 03, 2015 03:37PM
My printer is an Ormerod 1 so I already had an enclosure for the Duet mounted on the back of the Y axis frame. You can find the printable Duet enclosure and PSU cover I use on Thingyverse under dc42. The PSU came from an eBay UK supplier operating from Birmingham. Sorry I can't easily give links because I am composing this on a smartphone.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 03, 2015 03:41PM
No problem. I mixed it up because of the title. While building my MK2 I saw that the different total power differs also in the dimensions of course but even the holes are different. I know your case and I was indeed considering printing one (I already downloaded it) but I think I will rebuild my MK1 as MK2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login