Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hot bed probem

Posted by raffybuffy 
hot bed probem
November 23, 2015 01:38PM
Usually i start my print on evening and on morning i check the result.
This morning I found the printer stuck, the hot end and the hot bed cold.
Never happened before, strange but I don't worried.
This evening I've changed some parameter of gcode (only hot end temperature) and retry to print.
Start as usual with homing all axis, autocalibration, all fine.
Start setting temperature for the hot bed (printing in abs) so set the temperature to 100C°.
The printer stop responding, the hot bed remain cold just for a moment I see the red led flashing on, and after all stop responding, the web interface gone offline.
I measure the voltage on PSU it remain over 12V (13,2V) I also try another power supply, same result.
I'm thinking that some component on duet is burned....
I'm not very happy :-(
Somebody have idea how I can I resume my printer?
Re: hot bed probem
November 23, 2015 01:52PM
Did you check if the thermistor of the hot end is properly connected? If not, the thermal runaway protections kick in and all stays cold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2015 02:12PM by Fpex.

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
November 23, 2015 02:09PM
Are the screws in the 12V input terminal block still tight?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 23, 2015 04:20PM
Fpex
Did you check if the thermistor of the hot end is properly connected? If not, the thermal runaway protections kick in and all stays cold.
Yes the thermistor is ok, it show the correct temperature.
November 23, 2015 04:23PM
dc42
Are the screws in the 12V input terminal block still tight?
Yes I have cheked they are really tight. This is driving me crazy... :-D
November 23, 2015 04:26PM
What readings of the sensors do you get when you turn off the printer and connect via web-interface or Pronterface?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
November 24, 2015 07:08AM
There are several possibilities. One that I think is quite likely from the symptoms you describe is a bad connection somewhere on the 12V. A high-resistance connection would power the Duet OK until there is a high current draw such as when the bed switches on. The high current then causes a big voltage drop across the bad connection and the Duet browns out. As soon as that happens, the heater switches off, the Duet resets and everything appears to be OK again. The voltage drop will last only for a short duration while the heater is active, so a meter will not show anything amiss.

Check all the 12V connections, especially that the screws in the terminal blocks are tight.

Similar symptoms will occur if your 12V PSU has become faulty and can no longer supply the load or goes into overload protection at too low a current limit.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2015 07:11AM by dmould.
November 24, 2015 10:02AM
For DC42

Could it be made possible, in the operating system, for a debug routine to be turned on when required.
Then perhaps a debug script could be called periodically to print out various operating parameters.
I would think that this might be most useful when debugging problems.
November 24, 2015 12:31PM
I also had something like this on a Mendel and the culprit was a bad supply connection. In my case was a bad crimp connector on the atx supply.

----- Making the world smarter @ www.xetal.eu
----- Helping entrepreneurs @ www.fralke.com
November 24, 2015 02:36PM
Resolved, I had a short on two point of heated bed, so it drain to much power... :-D

Thankyou to everybody!!!!
November 24, 2015 03:50PM
BriComp
For DC42

Could it be made possible, in the operating system, for a debug routine to be turned on when required.
Then perhaps a debug script could be called periodically to print out various operating parameters.
I would think that this might be most useful when debugging problems.

You can print out debug info on demand using M122. You can also enable debug for particular modules using M111. I think those should be sufficient.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login