Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Remote Access to Webinterface

Posted by usen 
Remote Access to Webinterface
December 21, 2015 09:20AM
Hi,

I can access to webinterface with IP address (192.168.1.xx), but I want to access webinterface from another place via the Internet. I tried to set virtual server for port forwading, but I can't enter the webinterface 192.168.1.xx:3389.

What can I do for remoting access?
Re: Remote Access to Webinterface
December 21, 2015 06:06PM
I am using Team viewer, but I have computer @ work that I can connect to off course...
And also a cheap d-link camera and the app mydlink for visual control.
This setup allows me to start a print in the evening from home and enjoy it in the morning at the office.
December 22, 2015 07:30AM
I am use Teamviewer too, but you know that at least one computer must be near the printer while printing. I want to remote control with modem.
December 23, 2015 07:20AM
I would have thought you would be able to port forward to the Ormerod in the same way that you would port forward to any other web server on your LAN. AFAIK it uses the standard HTTP port, not sure where you got the port 3389 from?

If not, then you can use TeamViewer to remote into any printer on the same LAN as the Ormerod - no need for that computer to be physically close to the printer, just on the same subnet.

Dave
December 27, 2015 07:37PM
Just to clarify: you're trying to expose your printer to everybody on the Internet who knows the external port, right? AFAIK, there's no mechanism to lock the web interface down with a basic username or password, so if a port scanner picks up the open port on your IP address, that person will have full control your printer. Be sure this is what you actually want to do before proceeding with the instructions below.

Moving on, 3389 is the port that Remote Desktop for Windows uses. The Duet is not using remote desktop... or Windows. You communicate with it over a web browser with HTTP through port 80. Port 80 is the default port used to communicate over HTTP, so the browser doesn't show it.

This means that any computer on your local network can communicate with it via an IP address (192.168.1.xxx). If you want to allow access via the greater Internet, you need to configure your router to allow that access. Your ISP may be blocking port 80 for various reasons (i.e. they don't want you hosting a server on your residential broadband connection), so you need to set up port forwarding to allow access on another port. There's no simple way to explain this in detail because every router is different, but basically:

0. Let's say the IP address of your modem (the one that every device on your network connects through) is 68.200.1.100. This connects to your router, which makes local IP addresses into 192.168.1.xxx
1. Set up port forwarding on your router. Pick a port, any port - lets say 5555.
2. You want to forward your external IP address on port 5555 to the internal IP address of your printer (let's say it's 192.169.1.2) on port 80.
3. Save changes, and reboot the router.

Now, for example, when you visit [68.200.1.100] on any device outside of your network, it will forward the request to the internal IP address 192.168.1.2:80. Responses will also be served through that external port.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 07:59PM by 0x0000.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login