Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z probe Inductive sensor replacement.

Posted by Europa 
Z probe Inductive sensor replacement.
February 06, 2016 04:37AM
Does anyone have experience of fitting the inductive sensors as a replacement for the z sensor?

I am trying to decide between an infra red sensor from dc42 or one of the inductive sensors, which would be the most accurate and the easiest to setup?

I believe the required voltage of the inductive sensor means finding a way to lower the output voltage.

Many thanks,

Brian
Re: Z probe Inductive sensor replacement.
February 06, 2016 06:01AM
Forget the inductive sensor especially if you use a glass surface. I tested it once with a MK3 bed without mounting. Only if I held not more than 1mm above the MK3 bed the sensor was working. So if you do not want to print directly on the bed or heat spreader this is no suitable option.
I tried a sensor with 4mm working range - in theory.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login