Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New heater cartridge needed. Yes i dun diddly

Posted by improprietary 
New heater cartridge needed. Yes i dun diddly
February 15, 2016 12:52PM
So... A print was set overnight and the printer managed to push the glass plate off the print bed with a globule of pla measuring around ~4cm.......
After removing this globule the heater cartridge sadly was broken and i thought "pheh! I'll buy another" and promptly bought a 12v 40w 6x21mm heater cartridge :/
So after a bit of searching around i've found out that those 5x15mm heater cartridges aren't that easy to come around. What this thread comes to down to basically: Can i: 1. Do any of you have a spare i can buy? 2. Is there actually someone who sells them online? 3. Can i drill out the hole to accept a 6mm heater cartridge without much issue?

Yay mondays sad smiley
Re: New heater cartridge needed. Yes i dun diddly
February 15, 2016 01:14PM
[www.emakershop.com]
[www.emakershop.com]

Dario

Ormerod 187
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version:1.18.1 (2017-04-07)
Web Interface Version:1.15a
Slic3r 1.2.9a and Simplify3D 4.0.0
[www.dropbox.com]
February 15, 2016 01:39PM
I have a strong urge to hug you.
Thanks! grinning smiley
February 15, 2016 03:56PM
I can't recommend to drill out the hole. The hole for the thermistor nearly got destroyed and I don't have good and stable temperature readings. That means that I will have to replace the hole hotend.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
February 15, 2016 04:25PM
Thanks for the output. It sucks that you had to learn it the hard way though :/
February 15, 2016 08:57PM
It is not that big deal as the cheap Chinese replica of my MK2 (no kit) gives better results and I planned to exchange my MK1, too. It also provides a 0.4mm nozzle and in this way I could use the G-code-files for both printers. Besides there was a connection issue with the Thermistor so the hot-end was getting too hot (and that is why the cartridge broke at least) so there is also some further damage like the PTFE liner and so on. As the nozzle broke the MK2 wasn't ready and needed some parts so I had to do a quick fix, but it worked at least for 9 months so I am fine with that but like I said it is tricky. I do not understand why the Thermistor is that close to the heater cartridge. With that position you always risk that the influence of the heater cartridge to the Thermistor is too high. Also I did not like that one wire of the original Thermistor has to bypass the hot-end.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login