Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New firmware 1.12-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New firmware 1.12-dc42
May 07, 2016 05:31PM
I have just released new firmware. Highlights of this release include support for PT100 temperature sensors, provision of a macro file cancel.g that is run when a print is paused and cancelled, and faster file uploads through the web interface. See [forums.reprap.org] for more details and important notes before upgrading.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New firmware 1.12-dc42
May 24, 2016 11:51AM
DC42,
just wanted to let you know I loaded your 1.12a firmware and had no connection issues. I did download your driver files and install them too.
If you remember I have problems with 1.10 not connecting.
Now if I can finish setting up my printer.
May 24, 2016 12:34PM
brlowe
DC42,
just wanted to let you know I loaded your 1.12a firmware and had no connection issues. I did download your driver files and install them too.
If you remember I have problems with 1.10 not connecting.
Now if I can finish setting up my printer.

Thanks for the feedback!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 29, 2016 02:28PM
Hi DC42,

I tried 1.12-dc42 on my Ormerod 1 (upgrading from 0.78-dc42!) and when I try to upload a file I get and AJAX error and the web interface disconnects from the printer.
I tried downgrading to the following versions, with the same results:
  • 1.11-dc42
  • 1.10+4-dc42
  • 1.09x-dc42

This was all with Google Chrome on OSX. The stock 1.09 firmware doesn't have this problem.

I didn't think it would change anything, but I finally tried with Safari and Firefox, and both work so all is well after all.

It's not a big deal because I have a workaround, but I wanted you to be aware of this problem just in case.

Many many thanks for your work on the firmware, I'll be forever grateful. If you ever come to Paris, just tell me and I'll offer you a few beers.
May 29, 2016 03:01PM
Did you update the files in the www folder of the SD card? You need to run Duet Web Control 1.11 with recent revisions of the firmware.

May 31, 2016 06:35AM
Hey DC42,

I've been somewhat busy, but recently managed to update the firmware on one of the printers to this latest version. Since then I have had no "Enter your password" or disconnects happening, so I'm thrilled!
Thanks for your hard work as usual! I'd extend the same offer as Planar - if you happen to visit JHB South Africa I'd be happy to buy you a couple of beers or whatever your preference!
May 31, 2016 07:19AM
dc42
Did you update the files in the www folder of the SD card? You need to run Duet Web Control 1.11 with recent revisions of the firmware.

Yes, I updated to DWC 1.11 (very nice piece of software too) even before I upgraded the firmware.
May 31, 2016 12:32PM
planar
dc42

Yes, I updated to DWC 1.11 (very nice piece of software too) even before I upgraded the firmware.

If the problem only occurs in Chrome then it could be caused by over-long cookies left over from old versions of DWC. Try deleting cookies in Chrome.

June 12, 2016 09:02AM
dc42
If the problem only occurs in Chrome then it could be caused by over-long cookies left over from old versions of DWC. Try deleting cookies in Chrome.

I removed the cookies and the problem went away. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login