Advanced

Confirming current best M305 settings

Posted by WesBrooks 
Confirming current best M305 settings
May 17, 2018 02:31PM
Currently running the following settings for the standard thermistors:

M305 P0 T10000 B3988 C0 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 0
M305 P1 T100000 B4138 C0 R4700 ; Set thermistor + ADC parameters for heater 1

Are these the best picks for a 528.2 build machine? Suspecting at least one of these may be reading cooler than actual. Realise you calibrate the machine to your own values but seems odd it's still happily extruding when the duet's cold extrusion interlock kicks in at 160C.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2018 02:31PM by WesBrooks.
Re: Confirming current best M305 settings
May 18, 2018 07:52PM
My Ormerod 2 has the same values for thermistors and resistors and is using the exact same M305 commands.

I am not too clear on your meaning of the cold extrusion statement, but auto tune should be the calibration used.
May 19, 2018 01:15AM
Thanks for the feedback. I will concentrate o other areas to improve mh prints!

Regards the cold extrusion I was running a test build to try to tune temps. I changed the extrusion temps in 5C steps and left it at the new temp for a few mm. I was trying to observe a dotty appearance on the infill when it was too cold but was able to get all the way to below 160 before tis happened. When thecsystem goes below 160 the cold extrusion prevention interlock kicks in and the extruder movement requests in the gcode are ignored. You can override this, butthought 160 was cold anyway when the manufacturer was suggesting 180-220. With that in mind I wanted to check the values I had for the thermistors weren't wildly out amd likely to cause an error in reading in the order of 10-20C.
May 19, 2018 02:52AM
It's almost certain that there are better settings for the hot end thermistor. The problem is that Honeywell publishes almost no data for the hot end thermistor, so we don't known what those settings are. The published B value of 4138 is for a much smaller temperature range than we use.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login